Comodo IS v7 Beta RC1 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Hello Everyone,

We are excited to announce that COMODO Internet Security/Antivirus/Firewall 7.0.312140.4101 RC is ready for your review.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support during the BETA testing! Thanks to your feedback and the excellent work of our teams worldwide, we have addressed 100+ bugs and several improvements over the last CIS 7.0 Beta release. You can see a selected set of these in release notes section below.

What's new in 7.0.312140.4101?

New

Protected Data Folder
New data security feature which makes important files completely invisible to programs running in the sandbox. Files placed inside a ‘Protected Data Folder’ cannot be read, accessed or modified by any sandboxed application.

Improved
  • Viruscope alert says file is suspicious, but killswitch and active process list say rating is unknown
  • Network Zones IP copy&paste issue
  • Mis-function of URLfilter import category
  • URLfilter site blocked message displayed in browser is a bit unfriendly and contains two spelling mistakes
  • Upload suspicious files (files, which behavior was detected as suspicious by Viruscope)to Comodo to add an AV signature
  • During installation of CIS, give user a choice whether to participate/ not participate in sending data usage to improve CIS usability

Fixed
  • Changing Action from Ask To Allow/Block Fails for Creating Custom HIPS Ruleset
  • Browser does not show " The page is blocked by COMODO Internet Security" after blocking a website using Urlfilter
  • Two kinds of manual update got two different result for the same "recognizer updates" item
  • URlfilter stops looking for more rules when first rule is TRUE
  • View Logs button on updater invokes a log window with a white bar on the bottom
  • Switching to Proactive Security always re-enables Send anonymous Program Usage CheckBox
  • Disabling "check for program updates every" does not disable "automatically download program updates"
  • Words cut off in Rating Scan for German CIS Version
  • Proactive security doesnt have URLfilter rules but internet security config does
  • In URLfilter, if you choose to edit a pattern, then OK the dialog it without editing the pattern, you get a sequence of error dialogs which you can only escape from by choosing cancel
  • In a URLfilter rule restrictions, a restriction for a more specific user specification over-rides a higher priority rule for a more general user specification
  • Viruscope detects attempts by portable executable to move self to autorun path, but not to copy self to autorun path, even when copy is not carried out by cut and paste
  • Viruscope detections do not seem to be consistently logged
  • Logs of Viruscope events do not contain alerts link
  • When you rename a Urlfilter category, the new name is applied to past as well as future log event records, this is not normal behavior for logs
  • If Urlfilter log window is open, and I change the category name with the window still open, the changed category name does not appear in *new* entries in the URLfilter log
  • The font styles of updated time(Song Ti in Chinese) and the others(Yahei in Chinese) are different on main UI
  • Unknown network connections displayed in CIS Firewall panel
  • With non-default taskbar, enough space on the taskbar, Virtual Desktop is displayed the background image

What needs to be tested?

The most important features of this BETA are related to Viruscope and Website Filtering. So the most valuable bugs are the REPRODUCIBLE bugs which are related to system stability issues, compatibility issues, and crashes.

You are more than welcome to test all other features as well.

check comodo forum for installer; also updatable via internal updater

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
So i need to download it & install the newer version before uninstall the older one. i see.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
yep in your case better do a clean install as you said

Y

yigido

Thread author
In this version we can see lots of fixes and developments..

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Neat. I'm a Comodo fan (mostly because of their HIPS and AutoSandbox) so I can't wait to see the final version. Any GUI improvements?

Reactions: Venustus
Y

yigido

Thread author
Neat. I'm a Comodo fan (mostly because of their HIPS and AutoSandbox) so I can't wait to see the final version. Any GUI improvements?
I can say this "Modern Theme" is very fast for me ;) and I have two more theme in there. I also like Tile Theme :cool:

Reactions: Venustus and Jack

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I want to update to V7,but because it's still in beta, I am reluctant to do so!
Any suggestions?

Y

yigido

Thread author
I want to update to V7,but because it's still in beta, I am reluctant to do so!
Any suggestions?
I see your problem.. It works fine for me and CIS is now on RC . If you want to try it you can use VM ;)
I could not resist the new verisons :D I am using CIS7 on my real machine.. I did not get any error or bsod since the release..
If you want to try it on real machine please uninstall the v6.3 than clean install for the CISv7 RC..

Reactions: Venustus
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I see your problem.. It works fine for me and CIS is now on RC . If you want to try it you can use VM ;)

i tested it few days in a VM and didn't observed any issues (on win8.1)

I am using CIS7 on my real machine.. I did not get any error or bsod since the release..

same for me since yesterday

If you want to try it on real machine please uninstall the v6.3 than clean install for the CISv7 RC..

i second that

Reactions: Venustus and yigido

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Okay I will upgrade!
Will V7 accept imported application rules from V6.3,or will it be better to start from scratch?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
you are welcome, i was an old fan of comodo and was disappointed by v6 and its half-made BB , this version start to give me back my love for it :D

Reactions: yigido and Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.