Comodo Mobile Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Too bad I can't try it out with my Android.

---

Parse Error

There is a problem parsing the package.

---

When trying to install.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Nice news. I will try it on my Android when the final version gets released.
Now using AVG Free on my Android.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
MrXidus, as much as I love Comodo, one cannot deny they are known for the teething problems on all products... hope you can use it soon! Need to dig out my old G1 phone now, not one for keeping upto date with the phone market, but will get half decent one at some point next year....

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo Forums: https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-mobile-security/coming-soon-comodo-mobile-security-suite-t78273.0.html

Not much information or what platforms it will support, but looks like Android is the primary target. Maybe it will come to others in the future? :s

A tracking feature for lost phones would be nice, but that's if you trust Comodo.

I will continue to recommend Lookout Mobile Security for Android and iOS users.

D

Deleted member 178

I tested:

- Vipre beta : very complete and well designed, lot of features, but high battery usage (3-5%) a day
- Bit Defender beta: light but the account page seems not ready (embarrassing for the anti-theft features)
- Webroot SA free: light too, lot of features but no backup.

Im testing Netqin actually, since comodo has no anti-theft, i will not use it for the moment.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
CMS Final released

Comodo Mobile Security on Android (CMS) v.1.1.16984.2 is formally released
Download here

>> Message From Fanny Comodo developer

Hi, everyone,

Due to your great supports and efforts, we went through Comodo Mobile Security Beta on Android (CMS) with Versions v.1.0.16189.1 & v.1.1.16846.2. With these Beta versions, we have made identified bugs fixed, key features improved and virus database update, whose details can be referred to our Beta corner. It gives our great pleasure to announce that Comodo Mobile Security on Android (CMS) is formally released now and will be launched to Android Market!

CMS was born to protect your smart phones from viruses and give you better control on your security and privacy. It features:

(1) Antivirus
"Always on" virus protection and an on-demand scanner help keep your device clear of viruses and unsafe apps. One touch scans and scheduled scans are provided as well as a system “Health Check” feature that quickly identifies viruses, unsafe apps and potentially risky settings.

(2) Software & Process Manager
CMS gives you full visibility and control over running processes. You can see how many are running, how much memory each uses and can quickly close down the ones you don’t want. Software Manager helps you uninstall or kill apps which may be slowing down your phone down.

(3) SMS/Call Blocking
Instantly filter out annoying SMS messages and phone calls by configuring black/white contact lists. Alternatively, simply block all text messages containing certain keywords.

(4) Privacy Protection
Your Private Space is where you store contacts, phone numbers and text messages that are for your eyes only. Once added, only you will be able to view those communications. In addition, App Protector enables you to lock your apps from being accessed by unauthorized users.

We sincerely hope that all of you can continuously support our CMS on Android Market!

Product/download webpage:

https://m.comodo.com

Size: 1.07 MB (1,131,417 bytes)
MD5: 05df8098b760c5176d2addb02b61cf0b
SHA1: 9e1580c8c3474e49a55b997c4addbb7270dc94e4

Warmest regards,

Fanny

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
I will continue to recommend Lookout Mobile Security for Android and iOS users.
:eek:fftopic:
Strange to see that Android Market tells me that Lookout Mobile Security isn't available in my country.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OT:

Not strange, just like other online services, it might not be available in your country.

We, in the UK, only just got NetFlix last week. A service that has been open in the US for sometime.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
guys the best anti-theft app for android is cerberus https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lsdroid.cerberus&hl=en

what im using :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Comodo Mobile Security on Android (CMS) v.1.1.16984.2 is formally released.

Link

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
img3File.png

Comodo Mobile Security & Antivirus Free for Android 1.1 review and download from DownloadCrew

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi, everyone,

We have updated CMS from V1.2.17845.3 to V1.2.18240.4. In this version, we improved:

Enhanced the android malware data base to cover more latest malware.
Supported higher resolution, 1280x800.
Enhanced App Protector to prevent user accessing protected app via long press Home Button.
Turned on GPS and WIFI automatically when receiving locate command.

Our team members have being collected your proposed suggestions & will put them in our schedule list. We sincerely hope that you can continuously support our CMS on Android Market!

More Information

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
That just uses 2.2 MB of RAM most of the time on my father's phone!
-Sorry for the amazing camera used, I was bored to search for our better camera :D-
XoxUZ.png

I tested the Call/SMS blocking, works great. Comodo blocked the SMS but it costed me money. :(

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
We have updated CMS from V1.2.17845.3 to V1.2.18240.4. In this version, we improved:

Enhanced the android malware data base to cover more latest malware.
Supported higher resolution, 1280x800.
Enhanced App Protector to prevent user accessing protected app via long press Home Button.
Turned on GPS and WIFI automatically when receiving locate command.

Our team members have being collected your proposed suggestions & will put them in our schedule list. We sincerely hope that you can continuously support our CMS on Android Market!

Link

Morphius

Level 1
Sep 13, 2011
According to the comodo forum

Hi, dear guys,

We are so glad to announce that Comodo Mobile Security on Android (CMS) V1.2.19539.4 is released. If you have installed CMS, pls just feel free to update to the latest version. In this version, we added Remote Capture for Anti-Theft feature and made some improvement & bug fixed.

What's NEW?

Remote Capture is added for Anti-theft feature, which allows users to take a photo from their missing or stolen device remotely and receive it at their email address.

What’s improved?

• Enhanced the virus data base to cover latest malware;
    Fixed bugs in Call/SMS Blocking feature;
    Improved Anti-theft to support SIM-less Phones.

We sincerely hope that all of you can continuously support our CMS on Android Market!

Product/download webpage:

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/android/cms_android.apk

size: 1.88 MB (1,978,322 bytes)
md5: 0a805e11545b853716ad387066bcb723
sha1: 00fdf4906142c524a7c9097a3117fb71d45fc12c

Warmest regards,

Fanny

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi, dear friends,

We are so pleased to announce that Comodo Mobile Security (CMS) v1.3.20002.6 beta on Android is now released on forum. In this version, we added Backup feature and made some improvement.

What's NEW?

Backup feature allows you to backup/restore Apps, Contacts, SMS Messages, Private Space and CMS Configuration to/from the SD card.

What’s improved?

Enhanced the virus data base to cover latest malware.

We sincerely hope that all of you can continuously support our CMS and let’s looking forwards to new coming features!

More Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.