Comodo Mobile Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Hi, dear guys,

We are so pleased to announce that Comodo Mobile Security (CMS) v1.4.21594.7 on Android is now released on forum. In this version, we added SD Card Scanning for AntiVirus feature and made some improvement.

What's NEW?

Add 'Full Scan' Option in AntiVirus to include your SD card scanning;
Improve System Health Check and AntiVirus User Interfaces.

What’s improved?

Enhance the virus data base to cover latest malware;
Provide feedback channel in settings.

We sincerely hope that all of you can continuously support our CMS on market and let’s looking forwards to next coming versions!

Product/download webpage:

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/android/cms_android.apk

size: 2.29 MB (2,407,652 Bytes)
md5: 32f5000149799bfcfa4d160c28eecc04
sha1: 048a42bd12b36958e640634d7ab78baf06218032

Warmest regards,

Fanny

Source

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
how it compares to other free android av.....my friend is thinking of installing one.....his mobile is HTC Wildfire S....since i don't have android phone so i don't know much about it any suggestions....

D

Deleted member 178

Many nice features, AV + Antitheft (via sms, not graphic), process & software manager, call/sms blocker, traffic monitoring, private box... i tested many apps, comodo is my favorite with Avast (that one need a rooted phone, for full functionnality, not safe for beginners to do it).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does this have any features that restrict certain apps from accessing parts of your phone, such as Inbox or Contacts lists?

Thanks. :D

D

Deleted member 178

no, but Avast does it (if my memory is correct) and block those apps to reach internet/network via its Firewall.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hello!

What about Blue Point Security Mobile app for Mobile Security?

http://www.bluepointsecurity.com/presentationlayer/pages/mobileedition.aspx

Supports Android operating systems
Available on Google Market
Lightning fast antivirus scanning
Real time binary execution protection
Full cloud based antivirus engine
Detects all malware, not just mobile
Scans mobile devices & memory cards
No virus definitions to update
Automatic scheduled scans
Free & Pro versions available!

Waiting on common's!

D

Deleted member 178

full cloud based... i hope you have an unlimited data subscription...

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Yes! I do have unlimited data subscription!
Too bad Emsisoft does not have mobile antivirus?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hello Everyone!

I switch to Kaspersky Mobile Security after doing some research on Android Antivirus Apps!
Not sure if pcadvisor has a unreasoned judgment and/or opinion toward any antivirus apps?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/features/security/3355021/group-test-whats-best-android-antivirus/

Hope this help with somebody hunting for Android Antivirus Apps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.