Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Visit the website here: http://programs-manager.comodo.com
You can also follow us on facebook for upcoming news and articles: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comodo-Round-the-Clock/133629923323698?ref=sgm

MAIN FEATURES

Uninstall any program
Completely removes any monitored application on your computer. After you uninstall a program this feature will search for any references in your computer registry and files. Any remains will be deleted.

Uninstall applications using a database
Completely removes any traces of an application installed prior the Comodo Programs Manager installation using a central database.

Make a self extracting Installable Package from a monitored program
By using the information from the monitoring system, Comodo Programs Manager is able to combine into a self-extracting archive all the data needed for redeployment on a similar machine.

Multiple-uninstall
Using this feature you can uninstall multiple applications fast and safe.

Manage windows features
Instant access to add or remove windows components / features.

Uninstall drivers & services
You have the possibility to safely uninstall unwanted drivers or services from your computer.

Manage windows updates
Windows updates module lets you manage windows updates on your computer.

Force delete of locked (in use) files and registry entries
Opened handles on various used files on your system can cause problems. To bypass this and safely delete any file that a installed program uses, we make sure they will be deleted at system restart.

Backup
Makes a backup using Comodo Backup before uninstalling applications, drivers and services that can be easily restored.

Customized settings for backup
To protect your information any backup can have password protection, compression and cryptography.

Real-time scan for malware infected setups (uses the malware detection engine from Comodo Cloud Scanner)
To ensure that your computer stays safe, every time a setup is started, it is also side-checked for malware using our cloud technology.

Language pack updates (Romanian, Estonian, Italian, German, Russian, Korean, Polish)

Command Line Parameters for the Self Extracting Package
Run SFX scripts without any user intervention.

Force Uninstall option
Offers the possibility of uninstalling applications with broken uninstallers.

Enhanced Log
Logging capabilities for installed applications and deleted entries.

Runtime language change
Ability to change the language in real-time.

Add Comodo Programs Manager in Control Panel
A good replacement of Add or Remove Programs & Programs and Features (for Windows Vista or Later).

Social Integration
Share with friends, recommend COMODO and see which friends are using COMODO Programs Manager.

Enhanced Feedback
Allow users to post their views, comments and suggestions about Comodo Programs Manager.

INNOVATION & TECHNOLOGY

Active monitor
This is a monitoring engine that detects setups and actively keeps track of any changes made to the system. This is achieved in real-time and stores information from detected setups.

Added shell integration (for .exe & .msi files) for manual run & monitor
In the event a setup is not detected or when the automatic detections is off, you are able to right click a setup (.exe or .msi) and install & monitor it, thus making sure that it will be removed safely.

Improved the storage file system (disk-performance)
By modifying the internal storage system and storage search algorithms, increased disk-performance is achieved.

Increased efficiency of the monitoring system (less CPU usage)
By improving the algorithms used, we make sure a false-positive ratio in the setup detection is kept to a bare minimum.

General tweaks, GUI improvements, fixes and optimizations.

FIXED ISSUES

- Random BSODs.
- CPM problem with automatic windows updates.
- Installer detection issues.
- Monitoring issues.
-Uninstall using database issues.
- GUI issues.

KNOWN ISSUES

- "Restore Backup" and restore from SFX may have some issues for some applications.
- Some issue regarding Available Windows Updates detection.
- Issue with detecting updates for some applications.

BUG REPORTS:
----------------------------------------
Please use http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-a%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BD-cpm/comodo-programs-manager-12-build-106-public-release-bug-reports-t72065.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:
----------------------------------------

Setup for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/cpm/download/setups/CPM_SETUP_1.2.188360.106_xp_vista_server2003_win7.exe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Size: 11.2 MB (11,748,880 bytes)
MD5: aeed033c01ae5949d77a5cf40914796a
SHA1: adc29bc4688bc01e9d02fb78088a575603819ea3

Link

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Firing up VirtualBox to take this for a test drive. :lol:

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Interesting program with many features, I hope Comodo hasn't gotten overly ambitious with this one.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Active monitor
This is a monitoring engine that detects setups and actively keeps track of any changes made to the system. This is achieved in real-time and stores information from detected setups.

I will try this ..but I can tell you right now ....that I don;t like the fact that it runs a background process.......Uninstalling a program is something that I do very rarely so having to run a process just that monitors what changes a program made when it installet it seems to me useless. :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
After installation and reboot. I had to manually load the program from the start menu, that or I didn't wait long enough.

The process runs as a service for monitoring the programs - correct me if I'm wrong - (same goes to RevoUninstaller Pro). Although it didn't detect newly installed programs (with CPM open), I had to return to the Summary page and back again, to show the new programs. A refresh button would be helpful.

Some people had BSOD problems with the previous versions. Have they been fixed? :huh:

I wish they showed the all the features mentioned in the options, like an option to switch off Cloud Scanning. Sometimes I don't think all the features mentioned are actually there.

CPM can be dangerous considering your can uninstall Windows' Services, I definitely think they need to add some parental controls (ie. password-protection to lock settings).

Hope some one do a in-depth review showing all the Pro's and Con's of this program.

Verdict: I won't personally be installing this on my host computer.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From its features the only thing I liked was their Restore option.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Comodo needs to work on them.

I have had CMP and I didn't like; nice UI but the program itself didn't do what it should do.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
I have been using this great little program since its inception. Its very handy and seems to remove all traces of programs. The latest version seems very stable and its uses very little resources, currently 4MB on my system. They do need to iron out some issue with windows updates as far as I am aware. Also on the old version you could pick to do a complete uninstall using CPM or to launch the standard program uninstaller but this version only seems to let you do a complete uninstall if the program is monitored which is a bit annoying. When the database gets very large this program will improve a lot. I did have to use Revo uninstaller for a corrupt uninstaller a few days ago because the install wasn't monitored by CPM so maybe implementing a scan algorithm like Revo would be nice. Programs sometimes seem to be tied together so to uninstall one you will have to uninstall others if they came from the same installer. For example i use a Media player from Sony called MediaGo which installs Quicktime (very annoyingly) along with itself. To uninstall Quicktime in CPM you also have to nnstall the video playback engine that also comes with the Media go installer. There are also other examples which i can' think of right now.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Probably the best choice is to use Revo Pro to monitor the install of CPM so in the event it is required you have the best chance to remove what may potentially create a problem, same applies to any application so that was not and is not intended to be a slam or jab at Comodo.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Having an unnecessary process running on my system is not what I would want either.
Outside of Comodo Firewall, it appears all of their products are full of bugs and not usable.

Thanks.:)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Littlebits said:
Having an unnecessary process running on my system is not what I would want either.
Outside of Comodo Firewall, it appears all of their products are full of bugs and not usable.

OFFTOPIC (my answer that would be)

CIS their main product ^^ CB is working quite good (everything can also way be improved), CTM2.9b is stable and I wish CDE was still in development because the program itself works and the "errors" are bugs but human mistakes.

Welcome to the forums btw :) I hope you will have a good time here :)

Regards,
Valentin N

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
LOL at Comodo for releasing so many products but not fixing the bugs and issues within their mainstream programs. :lol:

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Having checked this program out I am not overly impressed, many better options available that can do the same thing.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
BoXX28 said:
LOL at Comodo for releasing so many products but not fixing the bugs and issues within their mainstream programs. :lol:

That's a problem which I have given Melih a PM for. It's nice that want to make programs for free but it's better to have 3-5 and dam solid than many and all are more or less buggy.

Regards,
Valentin N

I think some of these program will be as one as a complete package later for CIS.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Comodo shall be focusing on Security software and not maintenance products because they're not doing a good job at it. They can save resources then improve their security products, That way I could be using Comodo again after improving their products,

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As we know that the main product line was CIS so its ok to release other products but they must do fix the bugs.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
My personal favorite are CTM and CIS, I would also use CSE if they worked more with it and if I would use thunderbird more.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Valentin, what is CSE?
and is CDE = Disk Encryption?

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Stormgtr I'm not Valentin but CSE stands for Comodo Secure Email. :)

new user

Jun 18, 2011
Littlebits said:

Did you know Comodo time machine, when it was first released it rendered many machines unbootable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.