Troubleshoot Comodo sandbox wont let browsers online

Stiletto

Thread author
Jun 8, 2023
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Comodo firewall wont let web browsers access intenet
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Tried if other programs i run sandboxed have internet and dont see reason why browsers would be regarded deferently as i dont have pre set rules for browsers in any other way then for other apps
Your current Antivirus
Avast free
Hello! Im having trouble geting comodo firewall sanbox to let web browsers acess internet while they are sandboxed, its strange to me as random apps i tested that need internet still have access from sanbox but both browser i tried with ( firefox and edge) work but wont load any pages, cant find any deep and meaningful settings regarding sandbox options that could affect browsers, if anyone has idea or posible solution it would be appreciated! Cheers

Antig

Level 1
Mar 23, 2021
Are you running Windows 10 or 11?
I'd rather check if it is the firewall or the containment first, or none.
Did you try to 1.Erase the content of the containment,then 2- uncheck- remove the flag- to Enable containment in Settings / or right click in system tray on Comodo icon and make containment disabled, then try to connect with the browser.
If it still impossible to connect, try disabling the comodo firewall, and try again.
No joy? Enable comodo firewall again. It could be the windows firewall which was still on ,either in home/public mode and lacking permission for your browsers, just check inside the Control Panel -windows defender firewall.
At this point ,if the Comodo firewall is working,you can disable in your OS settings,the Windows Defender Firewall, make a Custom Rule in comodo firewall- Application Rules, granting permissions to your browser, reboot , and check again.
If nothing helps it means it's not Comodo the culprit,but something weird happened with some installations of yours so that I'd rather move the attention on other programs or you have multiple firewalls running. in this case better to make some cleaning.

Upvote 0

Stiletto

Thread author
Jun 8, 2023
I gues i forgot to add in my description as well in " Current issue(s) Comodo firewall wont let web browsers access intenet" that only sandboxed browser wont connect to internet, i dont have auto containment on, never did, i wanted to run manual contaiment task via comodo, when i do that all apps i tested still have internet access, web browsers dont.
Here is screen shots of my sandbox settings

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0

kylprq

Level 4
Verified
Jul 26, 2018
I gues i forgot to add in my description as well in " Current issue(s) Comodo firewall wont let web browsers access intenet" that only sandboxed browser wont connect to internet, i dont have auto containment on, never did, i wanted to run manual contaiment task via comodo, when i do that all apps i tested still have internet access, web browsers dont.
Here is screen shots of my sandbox settings
follow video to the end.:whistle:

Upvote 0

Stiletto

Thread author
Jun 8, 2023
That video is showing how to let browser out for her specific settings where she blocks everything by default and uses restricted settings and there fore she needs to change her default rules for browser in order to work.
For her config any other app would also be without internet due to her specific settings, on other hand i DO NOT use auto containment, nor her settings, nor do i want to run web browsers as always from sanbox mode where set rule like she did would do me any good. +my sanbox futures are on demand only set, automated per app rules should not matter as sandbox automation is off

Just like comodo lets you hand pick program to run virtual and creates shortcut for it so that only when u use that shortcut program is placed into sandbox mode, i need browser to only when i want it run sanboxed and thats not problem it runs, but has no internet connection while every single app on my pc has internet connectin by default from sandbox, so if i start lets say spotify or vlc player in sanbox they both have internet access, if i start firefox or edge they run but dont have internet access while sanboxed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kylprq

Level 4
Verified
Jul 26, 2018
That video is showing how to let browser out for her specific settings where she blocks everything by default and uses restricted settings and there fore she needs to change her default rules for browser in order to work.
For her config any other app would also be without internet due to her specific settings, on other hand i DO NOT use auto containment, nor her settings, nor do i want to run web browsers as always from sanbox mode where set rule like she did would do me any good. +my sanbox futures are on demand only set, automated per app rules should not matter as sandbox automation is off

Just like comodo lets you hand pick program to run virtual and creates shortcut for it so that only when u use that shortcut program is placed into sandbox mode, i need browser to only when i want it run sanboxed and thats not problem it runs, but has no internet connection while every single app on my pc has internet connectin by default from sandbox, so if i start lets say spotify or vlc player in sanbox they both have internet access, if i start firefox or edge they run but dont have internet access while sanboxed
but she did exactly what u guys ask, ignore any other settings and put the Firewall Allow rules for respective browsers.🤙🏻

Upvote 0

Scirious

Level 2
Feb 22, 2022

Actually, in the video she advises that running the browser inside the container in no way increases security, since any unknow executable downloaded will run in the container even if the browser is not.

Reactions: kylprq
Upvote 0

Stiletto

Thread author
Jun 8, 2023
but she did exactly what u guys ask, ignore any other settings and put the Firewall Allow rules for respective browsers.🤙🏻
U do understand that my browsers can go online when im not sandboxing them? i said it like 5times so far its only if i want it sandboxed, using those rules is making me always lauch browser in sandbox which i dont want, and its also making me use auto-containtment that i dont use.
Actually, in the video she advises that running the browser inside the container in no way increases security, since any unknow executable downloaded will run in the container even if the browser is not.
Thats case only if you actually use very strict auto containment policies like hers, and this is not about her config, her config isnt only thing that exists in this world, i notice that here ppl are soon gonna rename Comodo firewall to Cruelsister firewall, like its almost only way you can use Comodo firewall.

Anyway i asked very simple question, if no body knows thats fine, but please for god sake stop telling me things i didn't ask for, ur wasting both yours and my time and we aint accomplishing anything in the process.

• Sad
Reactions: kylprq
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

@Stiletto I opened Chrome, Edge, and Firefox in the container and added shortcuts to the desktop. Comodo issued firewall alerts for them. While Chrome and Firefox could access the internet, Edge could not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Stiletto

Thread author
Jun 8, 2023
@Stiletto I opened Chrome, Edge, and Firefox in the container and added shortcuts to the desktop. Comodo issued firewall alerts for them. While Chrome and Firefox could access the internet, Edge could not.
Thanks for testing that out!, i tried everything so far, i did try sandbox settings just to be sure even i knew it wont change anything, i removed all firewall rules for edge and firefox and let firewall ask again and allow them, then as that didnt work, i added rule to allow anything that comes from edge/firefox online regarding firewall and again when sandboxed they dont have internet, also firefox wont close properly, when i close it i get after like one min error from crash of firefox when it was sandboxed.
Its ok i gues not too long until new version of comodo, and if that dont fix problem il just use sandboxie for when i need

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.