Advice Request Comodo Secure DNS?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I personally use google's Public DNS because I find that it's very reliable and sort of faster than my own ISP's DNS. If you are looking for more security measures I know Verisign and OpenDNS also have very good DNS addresses that focus more on security.

You can refer to this list to see the list of recommended DNS servers but ultimately they won't really affect your browsing experience that much unless you choose a really bad one in which case it might slow your load times.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I personally use google's Public DNS because I find that it's very reliable and sort of faster than my own ISP's DNS. If you are looking for more security measures I know Verisign and OpenDNS also have very good DNS addresses that focus more on security.

You can refer to this list to see the list of recommended DNS servers but ultimately they won't really affect your browsing experience that much unless you choose a really bad one in which case it might slow your load times.
google DNS does seem a bit faster on certain sites, as opposed to default DNS settings.

Reactions: AlphaBeta

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Comodo is fine however if you will rely too much on detection filter then do not expect solid results; remember that any AV companies have different response time.

The reason of having DNS filter detection is in order to assess the malicious address closely and create a blacklist however the concept still the same upon analysis like traditional ones.

Reactions: AlphaBeta

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
GoogleDNS, OpenDNS and NortonDNS are the best choices to achieve both security and speed, independently on your country.
Other DNSs may be faster or slower depending on your geographical area, but these 3 are the best in my opinion.
I noticed Comodo to be slower than others on many config in my area (Italy).
Currently sticking with OpenDNS :)

H

hjlbx

Anyone have experience with this -- is it good ?
Comodo Secure DNS, Managed DNS Service, Secure DNS Provider
Maybe there are better ones ?
I don't get what makes a DNS service better than just having a browser extension that filters urls.

COMODO SecureDNS has always been barely acceptable.

You will get much better protection using Norton ConnectSafe - but it will also block access to many sites used for malware testing. Norton ConnectSafe might not allow you to create URL access exceptions -- for the sites that it blocks, but you wish to visit.

Using a DNS for safe browsing is OK, but I have found a good adblocker such as Adguard or uBlock Origin much more user-friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.