Comodo Time Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Valentinchen N said:
For those who don't have/"want to have" comodo forums account a megaupload like is provided on the first post of this thread.

Regards,
Valentin N

So Chiron made you remove the link? Why?

Anyway, it isn't like it is private. Softpedia even has it. http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Back-Up-and-Recovery/Comodo-Time-Machine.shtml

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
LaserWraith said:
Valentinchen N said:
For those who don't have/"want to have" comodo forums account a megaupload like is provided on the first post of this thread.

Regards,
Valentin N

So Chiron made you remove the link? Why?

Anyway, it isn't like it is private. Softpedia even has it. http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Back-Up-and-Recovery/Comodo-Time-Machine.shtml
I don't think that you can access the file from comodo forums unless you have an account there.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
elliotcroft said:
I don't think that you can access the file from comodo forums unless you have an account there.

Um...I know that. I was wondering why Chiron wanted Valentin to remove his alternative link.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
LaserWraith said:
elliotcroft said:

Um...I know that. I was wondering why Chiron wanted Valentin to remove his alternative link.
Where did Chiron ask this?

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
In general those betas should only be available to members of the Comodo forum. This way they can quickly, and easily, report any bugs to the devs.

The fact that Softpedia has it is strange, or at least it appears strange to me. Perhaps my position is wrong. Either way, seeing as Softpedia has it, there's no purpose for those other links.

No matter the outcome I think I'll be staying away from CTM. I tried the first version and it destroyed my computer. I haven't trusted it since. :dodgy:

I just use Macrium Reflect to image my drive every once in a while. This makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside.
:slap:
Thanks smiley, I needed that.

Hopefully some parts of this post make sense. :D

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
LaserWraith said:
elliotcroft said:
Where did Chiron ask this?
It was in the OP. Valentin edited it and replace it with the Softpedia link, though.

Yes, specifically I had asked him to remove his two links and replace them with the Softpedia link (once I learned of its existence).

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
OracleJMT said:
Valentinchen N said:
A translation of CTM 2.9b in swedish will soon be available! :)

Aw, and your danish is not that good, unfortunately.. :)

That's why I'm translating it to swedish :p :D :lolz:. But I would be able to translate it to danish; I have several translating tools so I would be able to translate it in danish but with mistakes of course.

Regards,
Valentin N

D

Deleted member 178

just a question, Can i use CTM alongside Comodo Backup (the image is stored into another partition)?

D

Deleted member 178

I read that CTM need 10gb on the system to store the snapshots, means when i will backup my system i will back up the snapshot too, im right (or the snapshots can be saved on another partition?)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I don't use Comodo Backup, but I don't know if you can backup the snapshot data. The snapshots are stored in the unused area on your HD, and are invisible to the OS. I don't believe you are going to be able to back up what your OS thinks is empty space.

I could be wrong though...

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
Sector by sector back of the drive would back up the free space .
with some like image for windows ,
how ever restoring a drive say 500 Gb can take longer than reformatting and reinstalling everything
I once done this a managed to keep CTM snapshots, it dose not work for everyone,
Depends on hard drive make size of drive , and the computers ability to process the data ,
my restore using image for windows took 6 hours, but some of the snapshots were error prone

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Hi all

I'm considering installing CTM on my main/host system.
I have reservations as I have previously nuked my machine with CTM,
after reading this thread would I be correct in assuming the beta is still the most stable? I notice that the beginning of this thread is a few mths old.
Also does anyone know if it plays nice with TrueCrypt FDE ?

Thanks

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Hi all

I'm considering installing CTM on my main/host system.
I have reservations as I have previously nuked my machine with CTM,
after reading this thread would I be correct in assuming the beta is still the most stable? I notice that the beginning of this thread is a few mths old.
Also does anyone know if it plays nice with TrueCrypt FDE ?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

CTM beta is more stable but the snapshots are far longer to take and restore than the stable release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.