Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
A little birdy tells me there is a new version of CIS coming :shy:
Is this Version 6 or just an update to the 5 series.
I guess it's something fairly major to be kept hush hush :dodgy:
Anyone who knows care to break the 'official secrets act' ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Any Co-Mo-Do Mods here to share anything? Haha :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not sure about it but I read some information before that its likely a Behavior Blocker to be included in that version (6). Could anyone confirm it if I'm wrong?

G

Guest28

Lawl- lawl comodo trying to keep every thing silent...............

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yet.... Co-Mo-Do can still be bypassed, doesn't prove much as a security product. Am I right, or am I right?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Link

That thread is all about the April Fools Joke about CIS 6, so I think this time perhaps planning or working if they will release a private or public beta for upcoming version.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Link

That thread is all about the April Fools Joke about CIS 6, so I think this time perhaps planning or working if they will release a private or public beta for upcoming version.

:D Thanks for thread, nice chuckle one year on.
@ zeroday yes but 5.10 was due a month ago so who nose what top secret testing is taking place now.

IF there is a beta being tested chances are Julian (languy99) will post a video soon.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
If there is sign of CIS 6 Languy will mention it in a video eventually or a official Comodo moderator will post news of it on the Comodo forums. Until then only speculations and dribble can be made. Thanks.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
MrXidus said:
If there is sign of CIS 6 Languy will mention it in a video eventually or a official Comodo moderator will post news of it on the Comodo forums. Until then only speculations and dribble can be made. Thanks.

Natch :D
I may be curious but i am certainly not dribbling MrXidus :fie:

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
Yet.... Co-Mo-Do can still be bypassed, doesn't prove much as a security product. Am I right, or am I right?

Umm.... No product can provide 100% guaranteed protection and every security product can be bypassed. Am I right, or am I right?

That post of yours is insignificant. Thanks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yeah right says the Comodo Moderator.

I don't have a bone to pick with Comodo. Might want to get your facts right. Thanks.

MrXidus as always, sarcastic.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Earth said:
I don't have a bone to pick with Comodo. Might want to get your facts right. Thanks.

Fair enough. I guess my judgment was clouded by your constant vitriol regarding any Comodo software. (though this acerbic nature is curiously absent regarding other vendors' wares)

Nice to know I was mistaken. :)

Carry on!

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I did read that they will release a beta soon, in april if not later. What I am sure of, is that 5.10 will come out very soon; the translator have got their hands on the lang files for 5.10.

In matter of fact I don't mind if CIS officially comes out at the end of the year; CIS 6, which will surely be COMODO's CIS 2013, has many new features that needs time and it would also fit the title if it gets release short before the end of 2013. Seeing a Product 2013 in the early 2013 makes no sense.

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
NSG001 said:
Thanks men, await more info when availabubble :)

I'm curious to know why you're dribbling NSG. :p

Valentin N said:
In matter of fact I don't mind if CIS officially comes out at the end of the year; CIS 6, which will surely be COMODO's CIS 2013, has many new features that needs time and it would also fit the title if it gets release short before the end of 2013. Seeing a Product 2013 in the early 2013 makes no sense.

I prefer that they don't rush it and focus on performance and quality.

Many vendors released there 2012 product halfway through 2011. We'll see what happens this year eh.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Well the wait is over (until the next update anyway) :)
I can stop dribbling now until the next glass of bourbon eh?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Wish list for CIS 6 :
- File and Download Reputation System
- Site Advisor
- Virtual keyboard
- A more user friendly on-demand Sandbox.

Now, realistically speaking CIS is already a mature product so I'm expecting to see more improvements and fixes than new features..
As far as CIS bypass goes , I'm sure you guys know that the authors usually use a particular malware sample who also can bypassed other known security products.Overall in real life you'll have the same chance of your computer being bypassed by a threat with CIS installed as getting hit by a meteorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.