Advice Request compatibility problems? after windows 10 TH2

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhgamds

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 26, 2014
After updating to windows 10 TH2
when I clicked alt+tab, I saw it's GUI changed like classic style.
I didn't know wheather it's CIS own compatibility issue or updating problems
so, I clean installed windows 10 TH2, and re installed CIS.
and it's happedned again.
is there anyone experience this issue?

Reactions: Der.Reisende

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
It is possible that your computer hardware is not capable enough to support the graphics/animations of the new Alt+Tab screen in Windows 10.

Perhaps you could share with us some information about your computer's hardware components? Especially the processor (CPU), RAM, and your graphics card (GPU).

If you're not sure how to check for that information, try this tool:

Speccy

lhgamds

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 26, 2014
no... it's not possible...
before updating, it's function worked well...
in my case, if I turn "enable enhaced protection mode" on in HIPS setting, not only alt+tabs problem but also several win+x hotkey functions didn't work well...

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
After update to win 10 TH2 explorer.exe is using 15+% CPU

EDIT: explorer.exe cpu usage issue was related to KeyScrambler not being fully compatible with TH2, as far as I know there is an update coming for KeyScrambler users to fix these issues.

Last edited:

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Hi, maybe you can try to change the GUI theme of Comodo manually and see what will happen.

Sorry, just now I think you mean the GUI of Comodo "changed like the classic style".

I am sorry for the misunderstanding...

I think you can try @Umbra 's suggestion. I have such experience that CFW v7 forced many of my system files into its sandbox after windows updates.:(

Wait, where is Umbra's reply? It was here just now...:confused:

I do not know why his reply disappears. But I think it is worth to try his suggestion.

Specifically, @lhgamds , you can try to open the File List and check whether there are some system files being identified as "Unrecognized" by Comodo. If so, you can change the reputation of those files to Trusted, restart your computer and see what will happen.

file_man_filelist1.png

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well try to make all settings like HIPS (Training Mode), Sandbox behaviour to deactivate 'file source tracking' which means everything will be base on reputation and location to operate sandbox decisions.

D

Deleted member 178

Hi, maybe you can try to change the GUI theme of Comodo manually and see what will happen.

Sorry, just now I think you mean the GUI of Comodo "changed like the classic style".

I am sorry for the misunderstanding...

I think you can try @Umbra 's suggestion. I have such experience that CFW v7 forced many of my system files into its sandbox after windows updates.:(

Wait, where is Umbra's reply? It was here just now...:confused:

I do not know why his reply disappears. But I think it is worth to try his suggestion.

Specifically, @lhgamds , you can try to open the File List and check whether there are some system files being identified as "Unrecognized" by Comodo. If so, you can change the reputation of those files to Trusted, restart your computer and see what will happen.

View attachment 76693

im not sure if he talk about CIS GUI or Windows GUI.

Reactions: Online_Sword

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
im not sure if he talk about CIS GUI or Windows GUI.
Yeah, same here, I initially thought that his Windows installation changed the theme by itself, just as Windows 7 did by changing from Aero Theme to Basic Theme when the system was low on resources.

no... it's not possible...
before updating, it's function worked well...
in my case, if I turn "enable enhaced protection mode" on in HIPS setting, not only alt+tabs problem but also several win+x hotkey functions didn't work well...
I also think you should try changing the File Rating of Windows system files in the CIS settings, from Unrecognized to Trusted (find the settings here: Advanced Settings -> Security Settings -> File Rating -> File List), just like @Umbra suggested.
You can use the screenshot provided by @Online_Sword in his message above as reference if you need help.

Last edited:

lhgamds

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 26, 2014
um...
it's my fault I didn't add some screen captures. but I don't have enough time to do that, so I add googling images.
in HIPS setting,
1) "enable enhaced protection mode" --> on
741bf626_o.png

2) "enable enhaced protection mode" --> off
b18eed9c_o.png

These things are what I said.

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    131 KB · Views: 452

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
If i was you i would post this on the comodo forum site, they maybe able to help?

D

Deleted member 178

mostly it i the HIPS blocking something, as i said earlier before deleting my post ,check the File List ratings.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Latest information: COMODO released a program update for CIS to resolve a compatibility issue with Windows 10 1511 (10586).
Source: Comodo Internet Security Release Notes [check Version 8.2.0.479220 November 2015]

I am not sure if this "compatibility issue" is related to the issue described in this thread, however this must help in someway, at least.

That actually fixed the issue about windows TAB function, it is working properly after update install.
5cj2md.png

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.