COMPLETE uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjohn

Thread author
Jan 5, 2014
COMPLETE uninstall..

I have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, I installed AVG AntiVirus FREE for Tablets in it the other night.
It seems to run fine but I would like try other AntiVirus programs to see what is out there.
I contacted AVG and asked them how to perform a COMPLETE uninstall, the answer that they gave me is not what I was expecting.
I haven't ran one antivirus program in my time with computers that didn't need their uninstall tool to clean up the roots of their deeply embedded program(s).
angry.gif

Does anyone out there have any experience with this?
I'm not trashing AVG I am just looking for the correct answer before I attempt to remove it for now without causing any issues, who knows, I might very well end up reinstalling it.

I

illumination

Post content sniped by Umbra Polaris

Reason: inappropriate to the topic and may cause misunderstanding for the original poster

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Antiviruses like other apps on android plateforms are easy to uninstall:

- go to settings > application manager , select AVG then uninstall

note that you may need to uncheck it first from "Device Administration" located in : Settings > Security

And no you don't need any uninstall tools, Android is not Windows

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.