Solved computer start automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiona_scrol

Thread author
Mar 14, 2012
It happens again, that my computer start automatically, before it booted into system, the computer turned off. It's really queer.
What's happed to my computer?

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hi, maybe overheating problem .. so remove the dust and see. Look too on your cables.
Or try Restore point.

Upvote 0

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
There is as good a chance as anything that you have a rootkit with a keylogger. Keyloggers, in a way that they access the keyboard controller chip, can trip the reset pin on the CPU which causes your computer to restart. The keyboard controller chip, that keyloggers manipulate, has a direct line to the reset pin on the CPU. Usually you can tell when your reset pin is being affected by noticing that your power switch on your PC will not work when you push it. Reset pins replaced manual power switches years ago, with the exception being the override switch on the power supply, which is located on the back of your PC towards the top.

If it is simply starting up on its own (not rebooting on its own) I would guess that unless you have a "boot from LAN" capability enabled, you are getting a power surge from a faulty power supply.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
It could also be that you don't have all cables plugged in when the computer turns on.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could you elaborate.

What sort of hardware do you have ie. laptop or desktop? Do you work in a clean environment? How old is your hardware?
Any recent software installations? What security software you have running? Do you keep your OS updated? etc.

Upvote 0
V

Vextor

That post is a bit confusing. Could you add more?

As Earth says, we need the OS, the config, how old, security software. We cannot work on simply, it won't work.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you cannot see a screen for about matter of seconds then something a problem in the cable that connects through monitor thus it could start automatically with repetition time.

Try to recall what are your last task on your computer.

Upvote 0

Fiona_scrol

Thread author
Mar 14, 2012
thanks for all information.
Problem solved.
It's not trojan.
Just there's too much dust there.
I clean it, and my computer is ok now.
:)

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Glad you found the problem and it was solved. Well its regularly to clean your computer cause dust may clogged through fans thus it could not work well and may overheat easily.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.