configure kaspersky 2014 firewall settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ved

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
How to block an application accessing internet using KIS 2014 firewall ?

for e.g., say blocking firefox from accessing internet, i did this (as shown in attached image file), but no use :( .i can still surf the web using firefox.

kis.png

any guide to do so ?

Also how to add an application and create its rules in KIS firewall ?there is no option to manually add a application ?

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
How to block an application accessing internet using KIS 2014 firewall ?

for e.g., say blocking firefox from accessing internet, i did this (as shown in attached image file), but no use :( .i can still surf the web using firefox.

kis.png

any guide to do so ?

Also how to add an application and create its rules in KIS firewall ?there is no option to manually add a application ?

Have a look at this guide and report back:
http://support.kaspersky.com/us/9733#block2

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Ved

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
Actually i did exactly as described in guide but no avail.I want to block a specific application from accessing the internet. I know this should be easy to do but not working on mine end. :(

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Actually i did exactly as described in guide but no avail.I want to block a specific application from accessing the internet. I know this should be easy to do but not working on mine end. :(
That's strange!
You could also try "prompt for action" for a particular application!
Sorry, I dont have access to my desktop at the moment which is running Kaspersky, but I was able to block certain apps succesfully from acessing the net!

Have a look at this:

Hope it works for you!

Last edited:

Ved

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
@venustus : thanks for the video but if i am not wrong the video demonstrate about kaspersky 2013.

but Mine is KIS 2014.

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
@venustus : thanks for the video but if i am not wrong the video demonstrate about kaspersky 2013.

but Mine is KIS 2014.
Yes you are right, but the same principle would apply in 2014!
Like I said my KIS protected computer is not available at the moment,so I can't verify for you the steps to go through to do this in the 2014 version!

Cheers!:)

Ved

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
@venustus : ok do me a favor that whenever you have access to your KIS protected computer, please verify the steps.

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Ok guys, to stop an application from accessing the internet follow these steps(They work for me!)
Here for instance we will block Google from acessing the internet:
1:Go to application control settings:
cj-kvkpudyuwqpbtzyjhvsf.jpg

2:Click on manage applications and in the search window find google (as an example)
skrin

3:Right click on it and select details and rules:
yj-gauabnrksqkrwytqukqr.jpg

4:Go to network rules and set as shown below(Dont forget to save)
up-orfktmtexkadpyiwjiun.jpg

Done!
Google is now unable to connect to the inernet!
Works for me!

Hope this helps:)

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
hahaha... ohhh... that was the way to block access to the internet...
i used KIS.. but was unable to block an application's access to the internet...

There were some who reported in the Kaspersky forums. And a Kaspersky employee said that there is a bug in the network settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.