Advice Request Configure WD Exploit Protection settings for Chrome?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
WIndows Defender Offers ( app & browser control ) exploit protection for programs. Has anyone tried to harden these settings for Chrome while at the same time not damaging functionality?

Reactions: plat and oldschool

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Do you mean controlled folder access wich is disabled by default?

If so, i have it enabled, but i dont know does it prevent any changes malware/pup/pua will do to chrome as example

foad1.png

As example this is chrome folder, not sure is it this simple...sounds bit stupid :unsure:
foad.png

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Do you mean controlled folder access wich is disabled by default?

If so, i have it enabled, but i dont know does it prevent any changes malware/pup/pua will do to chrome as example

View attachment 206220

As example this is chrome folder, not sure is it this simple...sounds bit stupid :unsure:
View attachment 206219

Hey - not referring to controlled folder access, I’m referring to anti exploit settings for apps ( go to app & browser control -> program settings )

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.