Advice Request Configuring CFW and Zemana AntiLogger

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanuel.

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 28, 2016
Hello people.
I have a problem with Comodo Firewall and Zemana. I can not update zemana real-time protection. If anyone knows any settings to avoid this thank you very much in advance.
Greetings.

Maxwell Sien

Level 2
Verified
Nov 15, 2016
Hello people.
I have a problem with Comodo Firewall and Zemana. I can not update zemana real-time protection. If anyone knows any settings to avoid this thank you very much in advance.
Greetings.

Try to disable all off Comodo Protection and Update Zemana again to make sure that Comodo is not Blocking it.

Reactions: AtlBo and Rengar

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I disabled the firewall and zemana updated its signature database.

If that worked, you might be able to add a single rule for the update that will allow it to work automatically. First, check to see if you have a rule for ZAM by typing ZAM in the Application header in Firewall->Application Rules (click on magnify symbol to type). If you have an allow rule already, probably something is blocking a temp file used during the update. If there isn't one there, you can try making the new allow rule for ZAM.exe and maybe that will do it for you.

I was just looking at the update process for ZAM by following it though with NVT ERP. It never has worked for me either, but I haven't taken the time to unblock it with NVT ERP yet. That's been the problem. It's kind of a complicated download and update process, and I have to add some allow settings to NVT for it to work.

Emanuel.

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 28, 2016
W1cx86U.jpg

There must be some temporary file that escapes me.

Reactions: AtlBo

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
you can check the " unblock applications " section of cfw , if something recides there from zemana that comodo might be blocking. and then unblock it.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Woops I see you have Zemana anti-logger not Zemana anti-malware :oops:. I think the ZAM.exe MAC to MAC rule is going to be for monitoring the local network for some reason. No problem there and you should leave that one as is, but you need an IP rule for In or Out (All) set to Allow. Anyway, don't know what the ZAL process name is (ZAL.exe?), but you should be able to see it in Task Mgr. Search your rules for the ZAL process same as you did for ZAM.exe. See if you have another rule in there somewhere. Here's the rule I have for ZAM.exe:

ZAM Rule.png

If you find a rule, click on the green checked rule like in your pic below (Allow IP Out...) to see the actual rule that you currently have. Don't edit the ZAM.exe one or any ZAL ones you find since those already govern some element of the program on your local network somehow. Clicking on the rule is just a way for you to see how to view a rule for a process so that you can edit it if necessary in the future or whatever:

Just focus on creating a new rule for the ZAL process of the Allow IP In or Out type like the one in my pic. @Maxwell Sien's way sounds like it will work fine too. That way you can create a rule for all executables in the program folder all at once.

Emanuel.

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 28, 2016
I switched to proactive security and solved the problem. Thank you very much to all.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Glad you got it resolved. If you run into questions with Comodo, you can start a discussion here:

Comodo

Good threads in there to read too. You can also watch the Forum there (near the top right side "Watch Forum". @cruelsister does great Comodo videos in the video section. She is still undefeated and untied against malware using Comodo :)

Reactions: Maxwell Sien
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.