MRG Effitas Consumer Assessment & Certification Programme 03/2026

Security Statistics and Reports
14 Replies 1,682 Views
Thread details
Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Parkinsond

Level 67
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
brave_screenshot_www.mrg-effitas.com.png

 
Outstanding Results by Malwarebytes.
As expected sub par results by Gdata, Mcafee and Sophos. Gdata's dual engine got defeated by BD's single engine.
Yeah, BD's behavior blocker shone more than G-Data's in this case.

Malwarebytes tends to do well in mrg-effitas's test compared to others, which is a bit surprising to me.
 
Oh NO! All the Av's I like are useless, formatting now, starting again, cannot get my head around to using Mbam though so I disagree with the findings :p
I do not believe MBAM is good; I use either MD or AVG after removing all component including web protection, just leaving file shield, behavioral shield, and ransomware shield.
 
Oh NO! All the Av's I like are useless, formatting now, starting again, cannot get my head around to using Mbam though so I disagree with the findings :p
That is why consistency is key. Bitdefender and Kaspersky have made such a solid reputation with their strong showing in thousands of independent tests that one anomaly can be discounted. Meanwhile Malwarebytes 100 percent detection here seems like an anomaly itself.
 
'One swallow does not a summer make' - As with all things in life, AV's & tests need to be taken in aggregate, & decisions made for our own needs, one size don't ft all I reckon, interesting though - If someone asks I will give my opinion as to how to set a system up including router internet type OS/ etc but I never feel that I can say this is what you should use because it works for me, ask 20 users on here the ideal way you might get 20 different replies & all are correct at least for them.
 
Last edited:
Interesting Real-World test, especially when we look at missed samples.
MCAfee .................... 50 / 300
G Data ...................... 22 / 300
Sophos ..................... 19 / 300
Norton ..................... 4 / 300
Avast ........................ 4 / 300

In the standard Real-World tests, most AVs miss only a few samples per 300 total samples, and by using statistical methods, those that miss 0-3 samples must usually be awarded (Level 1 certificate).

The criteria of the Level 1 certificate seem to be artificial (statistically unsupported).
The Level 2 certificate looks reasonable (can be supported by statistics).
 
Interesting Real-World test, especially when we look at missed samples.
MCAfee .................... 50 / 300
G Data ...................... 22 / 300
Sophos ..................... 19 / 300
Norton ..................... 4 / 300
Avast ........................ 4 / 300

In the standard Real-World tests, most AVs miss only a few samples per 300 total samples, and by using statistical methods, those that miss 0-3 samples must usually be awarded (Level 1 certificate).

The criteria of the Level 1 certificate seem to be artificial (statistically unsupported).
The Level 2 certificate looks reasonable (can be supported by statistics).
The only thing I find interesting regarding MRG Effitas tests is displaying behavioral-related protection, similar to AVLab tests which display the post-execution detection rate.
 
The only thing I find interesting regarding MRG Effitas tests is displaying behavioral-related protection, similar to AVLab tests which display the post-execution detection rate.
No i find something even more pleasing about them.
If an ITW ransomware or wiper sample executes successfully and results in permanent loss of user files or irreversible system damage, the product cannot be
certified, regardless of its overall block rate.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top