Contribution incentive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiery

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 11, 2011
Greetings everyone,

As we approach the end of 2012, this community is growing steadily. The success we have is the result of dedicated members taking a bit of their own time each day and contributing content to this site. Whether it is your reviews, feedback to others, or posting content, you have made MalwareTips the site it is today.

To help MT further grow, we would like your feedback on whether we should establish an end-of-the-year tribute to honour or thank those who have made significant contribution to the community this year. As a token of our appreciation, selected individuals will get to choose a license key of their choice from a list of programs, and receive recognition on the forums.

The purpose of this is to encourage and give incentives for members to contribute. We would like to hear your thoughts and feedback on this initiative in the comments below.

On behave of the Mods and Admins, we like to thank all of you for your contributions and hope you keep it up!

Reactions: tallorder

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I think it is a great idea.It is always a good idea to let members know that they are appreciated and respected by the site staff.Since we are all here based on our passion for PC security ,technology and software,a license key would be a great way to reward a member.It will be a hard choice,there are so many helpful members here.Thanks

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
First I would like to say welcome back Fiery :p and for two I would like to say thanks for the "MalwareTips staff" for making this an enjoyable place for everyone. As for this I think it is good idea. Since people come here whether it's for "Malware Removal" or just to learn about computers and expand their knowledge MalwareTips has done just that. Gives people that have contributed a lot to get recognised for it and or to the people that know a lot to starting posting and sharing their ideas.

To who the license keys go to, congratulations to them :)

I also would like to personally thank Earth and MrXidus for helping me with Photoshop, Tom172 well for making some heated threads turn into a funny situation, Biozfear and Umbra for help me understand a lot about with security related i.e Umbra for his knowledge in Comodo, EAM, OAP and lots more.

Thanks MalwareTips and Staff for such a great 2012!

McLovin

P

Plexx

Hello Fiery,

Welcome back.

This suggestion is a very good one. There are users who deserve it.

MT has grown much in this year after I returned from Inactivity and I have learnt a lot from other users, from Admins to Mods to Normal Members.

As in any discussion forums, the exchange of knowledge and opinions can be a bit heated but in the end, if all parties know how to take and respect suggestions/feedback everyone learns and that is what happened during the course of 2012 in MT.

@McLovin, you are more than welcome. We all share knowledge and aim to improve our own knowledge (When I first stumbled upon Umbra's wall of text config I couldn't understand the sole purpose. As time passed, I began to understand with the help of his explanations:))

D

Deleted member 178

Welcome back Fiery, (you were one of the great mysteries of the forum to me,;) )

Your idea is very good, i can't say better than Biozfear or Mclovin; i share their opinion.

when i was "kidnapped " from RM :D , i didn't know that this well-made and managed forum will grow like what it is now. I am still wondered by that ;)

I like the freedom of speech that all admins/mods gave us, the War Room is the best example that made me stay here , we can say there what we like or dislike without being categorized right away as fanboy or hater. congratz to that.
Also Jack's removal threads are very very precious.

@McLovin & Biozfear: Thanks you for your words, both of you are precious members and friends to me, your reviews about others softwares enlighted me a lot about their specificities.

Long life to MT

V

Vextor

Ah, MalwareTips. I was here a while, around about the time when I did anti-virus review videos. I remember learning about this site when Valentin N had posted my video up here. I wasn't very good back then, my English was really horrendous and I was really lacking. Ever since I have been here, I have grown a tremendous amount. I've understood security and prevention setups a lot more. Even though I no longer use any sort of security programs (apart from Malwarebyes - again discovered from here), I've also gained other skills.

I have to thank MrXidus for his amazing backgrounds, which have helped me learn tremendously in the art of graphic design. He also (through one of his videos) taught me a lot about video-making and editing, and Dubstep :D. Umbrapolaris (or Umbra Corp, I have no idea these days) has taught me a lot about various items in the art of IT testing. I have learned so much, from so so many users here.

Thank those users so much. I'm not going to be very active (due to me having another forum to moderate), but all I have to say, is thank you, thank you.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
This is a great idea. I really discovered my security side here. I would consider MT a really lucky place to have such good members and contributors like Biozfear, Mc, Umbra, Xidus etc.
Not many forums have such a great commnuity and after being a member of many forums I can still vouch that MT is the best and most friendly. Its a no non sense community. Great job.

N

Nige_40

Umbra Corp. said:
Vextor said:
Umbrapolaris (or Umbra Corp, I have no idea these days)

Umbrapolaris upgraded to Umbra Corp :D

You changed it, for one reason only!

And the Reason was to start up your army of the Umbra Corporation :D

But whatever reason it's better :D

Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.