Troubleshoot Control freeze for 3 seconds on Rtx 3090 - is my card unstable?

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
lag
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
reboot
Hello dear users. I want to ask something. I really like you so . I know too many topics last time, i am sorry.

PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

So after playing few hours Battlefield 5 i run Control , 1440P Rt High. When level loaded i turned camera by mouse and game freezed for 3 second with gpu load 0%. After 3 seconds unfreezed and i was able to play with 98%. Is my pc unstable or it was game issue? Gpu is not oced.
I ask because it never happened something like this in this game. I was played many time.

I am worried because that lag never happened to me on this game.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
If you get random crashes or freezing in one game and not in another it's probably not a hardware issue.

Make sure you are running the latest Nvidia driver has this usually has the best compatibility with most games and resolves many known issues.

Also you can check if your game has the latest updates.

Upvote 0

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
Like Opc9 mentioned, make sure you have the latest driver installed. When in doubt of corruption after a clean driver installation, use DDU in safe mode. If it still is not stable I suggest turning off the PC and make sure the cables are properly seated in the connectors on both the PSU as well as the GPU. Re-plug them if necessary.

The next time you do a game session try to do run it together with a gpu monitoring software. Could be anything of choice like MSI Afterburner, HWiNFO64, etc... This is to see if the temperature doesn't play a factor. No card, regardless of series and intended models, is created equal. If it does play a factor like a sudden spike in temperature at start without having run a single player game yet for example, you would need to make the fan curve more aggressive or slightly underclock it or both.

But first try a clean reinstallation of the driver package with clean install feature ticked during installation. You can optionally use DDU, when in doubt of a corrupt driver that hasn't been cleaned properly.

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
i have drivers from february, temps was fine

happened once after i loaded level before autosaving ( white small wheel turning on right part of the screen when autosaving )

Upvote 0

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020

happened once after i loaded level before autosaving ( white small wheel turning on right part of the screen when autosaving )
Then it could highly likely be the game itself. Since it happened during the autosave. Probably during the moment when the game was preparing for the autosave.

Does it happen in other relatively demanding games too?

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Then it could highly likely be the game itself. Since it happened during the autosave. Probably during the moment when the game was preparing for the autosave.

Does it happen in other relatively demanding games too?
I tested battlefield 5 and its fine, also in other games i dont saw that stutter/freez like that :)

Upvote 0

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020

The newest Nvidia drivers supports resizable bar on RTX 30 series GPUS.

Your motherboard also supports resizable bar according to this article.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.