Cookie Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddoneout

Thread author
Oct 26, 2015
Hi, newbie here :)

I've recently taken initiative to improve browser privacy and security by adding uBlock Origin, uMatrix and HTTPS Everywhere to my Chromium browser, but I'm not sure how to approach cookies and site data. I've set uMatrix to delete local storage content set by blocked hostnames, but what about site data not in blocked hostnames? This seems to accumulate quickly.

What I want to do here is block all sites from setting any data with the exception of sites which I need session cookies for logins. Would it be better to rather store these cookies and site data, and clear local storage on exiting the browser? Or is the entire concept of deleting data not in blocked hostnames just unnecessary?

Reactions: mal1

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Cookies are harmless + block them will cause trouble to view the websites correctly , either go to Incognito Mode/Private Browsing/In Private where contents will not be save or assign the browser to close and clean them.

Reactions: oddoneout
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.