Not open for further replies.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Guess I would say you don't need all the real time, but I have just as many lol. Maybe I can pick your brain about BD free. Did you get options about what to install like Avast has and how do you like it? Some junk features is OK just don't like alot of it. I got alot of curiosity about BD right now, although don't think I'll change from 360 TS.

Anyway nice config, but if you want to go lighter, looks like you could ditch MB3 or ZBA and then maybe BD or Secure A+. Comodo is really powerful but a seconary firewall like GW is understandable with all the stats and graphics...

CookieShow

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 16, 2017
I would like to suggest that you create a sytem image just in case of a crash or malware attack. ;)

Thanks for sharing your config. :)
Thanks, I'll look for tool to creat system image.
Guess I would say you don't need all the real time, but I have just as many lol. Maybe I can pick your brain about BD free. Did you get options about what to install like Avast has and how do you like it? Some junk features is OK just don't like alot of it. I got alot of curiosity about BD right now, although don't think I'll change from 360 TS.

Anyway nice config, but if you want to go lighter, looks like you could ditch MB3 or ZBA and then maybe BD or Secure A+. Comodo is really powerful but a seconary firewall like GW is understandable with all the stats and graphics...
Haha, thanks for your suggestions.
I have MB3 lifetime license and ZAM give-away,so i open there real-time protect,or just use ZAM On-demand Scan.I install Avast long time ago, now just try something different AV.;)
Comodo auto sandbox is very powerful,but I like GW graph easy to know what happen in my network!:):)

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
This is my configuration.Is it good to protect my computer?:eek:
Avira safe shopping? Disable safe shopping ( if you dont like it ) and you have adguard build in and good web protection :)

And you can remove kaspersky anti ransomware since you have zam ( enable pandora )

Also you can remove Malwarebytes/ Bitdefender free it is conflict ( 2 real time av ) as Malwarebytes is now an av.

Reactions: AtlBo

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
uhh that realtime protection column made me shiver.
you don't need Glasswire next to Comodo.
You absolutely don't need Malwarebytes Realtime next to ZAM.
the rest is solid, i like how you filled up the gap of BD Free with KAR.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
  • Apparently you've understood the essence of "Comodo FW" with using auto-sandbox etc. There is very little need of multiple complementary protection s/w
  • With "CFW", you do not need SAP's whitelisting. If you are using "SAP" for multi-engine scanning, set it to on-demand only (disable real-time)
  • "Kaspersky AR" with a good internet connection, is more than just "detecting" ransomware. Still, "CFW" if configured well (eg. CruelSister's settings) rules out the need for the same.
  • If you're keeping "BD free", remove "MB v3" and "Zemana" from real-time (or just keep MB's anti-exploit feature enabled) with "CFW"
  • Have a good System backup tool as suggested above
Some lighter combos that may be good options:
  • BD Free + CFW
  • BD Free + CFW + MB (anti-exploit)
  • ZAM (pandora enabled) + CFW
  • MB + CFW
  • BD Free + KAR + CFW
  • SAP (whitelisting disabled) + CFW
  • SAP (whitelisting disabled) + KAR + CFW
At the end, it's your choice based on your preferences and experience. I'll suggest to cut down your real-time protection keeping the least overlap of functions.

Last edited:

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Way too much security software. Your on Windows 10 with a local account, is this local admin or local standard? If the latter this set up is definitely not needed, and is completely unnecessary and is just a waste of time and resources. CFW and Adguard would be quite sufficient either way.

Last edited:

a1nn

Level 2
Verified
Jun 5, 2017
Hi, what changes I would make are to:
  • Set UAC to Always Notify
  • Remove some programs in real-time protection. 8 programs is way too overkill.
Thanks for sharing your config! (◕‿◕)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Way too much security software. Your on Windows 10 with a local account which negates 94% of malware already.
Possibly confusing Local account with Standard user account?
Also:
Just by preventing access to admin accounts, a system administrator could safeguard all the computers under his watch and prevent attackers from exploiting 94% of all the critical vulnerabilities that Microsoft patched during the past year.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Possibly confusing Local account with Standard user account?
Also:
Local means either local admin or local standard, the configuration does not specify which. I should have been more specific about this above and just asked, but I was 10 cups of coffee shy of being fully awake when I posted. Either way, this is still an over kill amount of security.

Edited my original post.

Last edited:

CookieShow

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 16, 2017
Thanks all guys suggestion!
Maybe I'll just use new config:
  • Real-time protection: BD Free + CFW + MB
  • On-demand: ZAM + SAP
  • Remove: KAR + GlassWire
:D

Reactions: hd35 and Parsh
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.