Cookinpro's Security Configuration

cookinpro

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
Hi all,

Above is my security configuration. Any and all input is welcome.
Any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I like the setup. You could add Sandboxie to the config if you would like, but mainly I would add just a couple more addons to Chrome at least, them being Adblock Plus, HTTPS Everywhere, Bitdefender Traffic Light and No Script.

Also Doesn't Chrome have a built in Flash Player? if so why do you need that as an addon?

PurpleArmor

Verified
Jan 28, 2013
The Flash Player plug-in is probably for Internet Explorer 10. As of this time, Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 still does not have it built-in like Windows 8 does. That's why he has to have the plug-in.

cookinpro

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
McLovin said:
I like the setup. You could add Sandboxie to the config if you would like, but mainly I would add just a couple more addons to Chrome at least, them being Adblock Plus, HTTPS Everywhere, Bitdefender Traffic Light and No Script.

Also Doesn't Chrome have a built in Flash Player? if so why do you need that as an addon?

PurpleArmor is correct, I have flash player installed because of Internet Explorer 10.

Does anyone know when IE 11 is due to be released???

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Uninstall Java unless necessary. Or at least disable it when it isn't needed.

Have you tried SpyShelter against anything else? What are the CPU and RAM usage like?

cookinpro said:
Does anyone know when IE 11 is due to be released???

Not any time soon, given IE10 released not too long ago. I am guessing that it would be released alongside Windows Blue. Google it if you like.

cookinpro

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
Have you tried SpyShelter against anything else? What are the CPU and RAM usage like?

No, I really have not tried Spyshelter against anything else. Although before I bought SpyShelter I did try Zemama, and did not like it.

As far as CPU and RAM usage, I checked AnVir Task Manager and if I'm seeing things correctly I see an entry labeled :
All Processes
RAM: 608MB Min to 1664MB Max

CPU 0%- 62% Max

I'm not quite sure if I'm using AnVir correctly to check CPU and RAM usage or which method or program works better. What is the best and easiest way to check CPU and RAM usage??

cookinpro

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
PurpleArmor said:
How is Outpost Security Suite Pro in terms of performance?

In terms of performance, do you mean as in how well does Outpost work...as in scan times and such. Or are you talking about RAM and CPU usage?

Overall, Outpost Security Suite Pro (Version 8) seems to perform fairly well for me. It has not slowed down my pc's performance. What else would you like to know about it??? I'd be happy to give you my own personal opinion.

PurpleArmor

Verified
Jan 28, 2013
cookinpro said:
In terms of performance, do you mean as in how well does Outpost work...as in scan times and such. Or are you talking about RAM and CPU usage?

Yes, that's what I meant. From the little that I've read about Outpost, it seems to be an average product. That was a while back ago so it could have improved. In any case, if you are happy with it and it works for you I see no need to change.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.