Advice Request Core isolation's Memory integrity and APP GUARD: performance hit?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Do you know how Core isolation's Memory integrity and APP guard may impact overall system performance?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Enabling Core isolation's Memory integrity and App Guard security features may have a slight impact on system performance. This is because these features add an extra layer of security that requires additional memory usage and CPU resources to function. However, the performance impact is generally minimal and may be unnoticeable on modern hardware with sufficient resources. Additionally, the added security benefits of these features may outweigh any potential impact on performance.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
The former shouldn't have any noticeable impact, contrary to some clickbait post. I don't use AG but it shouldn't either since it's basically SRP with a GUI.
Yep, i checked some of those "clickbait post"s and started to question myself after that. =/

App Guard is just opening Edge in a isolated/sandbox window, or is it more than that?
It has the benefit of choosing if you want to keep data between sessions. So you may have a clean session every time, if you choose so. But i noticed some delays on Edge after enabling it, even when not using APP GUARD itself (placebo?)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.