Covalio's config

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Please edit your config and fill in all the fields as there is not enough information to make any suggestions.
Is smartscrenn(IE8 or Later) enabled ?
Malwarebytes Antimalware is not an AV and the Premium version has real time protection but it is meant to run alongside an AV and not to replace one.
What browser(s) are you using and what extensions?
On demand scanners?
Privacy and optimization programs such as CCleaner or Privazer?
Data and system back up solutions?
I would suggest using Avast Free along with Windows firewall

rosendalek

Level 3
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
Norton security would be perfect for you, its easy to use and its extremely light. mbam premium will work fine along side it

Reactions: Covalio

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can pick any compatible Free Antivirus to run alongside MBAM Premium.

Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild".

There are many infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not detect or remove which any antivirus software will, such as file infectors.​

FAQ: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Batzzz

Level 1
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
MBAM and Spybot search and destroy is a highly effective combo, but if you dont want to pay for the antivirus, i would use windows defender alongside just a friendly suggestion.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As mentioned, any free alternatives AV should be supplement already.

I will recommend Avast Free for your starter lineup; Hardened Mode is sufficient for you since it will block without hesitant those suspicious programs even though signatures may bypass.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
You don't detail what your backup solution is. IMO Back Ups will always be the most reliable way to recover from a trojan or other sort of malicious content. Weekly backups with a disk imager is a must, and backing up your system daily with a snapshot tool while optional is highly recommended. A great combo is RollBack Rx and Drive Cloner Rx if you want to go this route.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I have changed a few things.
I am trying to find any backup software.
I would like to suggest for a good backup solution either Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a free and reliable version. :)

Reactions: Oxygen

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.