Solved CPU Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I've been thinking about building a computer and found a decent deal for a i5 3570k but my question is if i have the processor sit around for a month or so in the box while i get the other components will it damage the processor in any way?

(Sorry if this isnt the place to post this i wasnt to sure where else it could go)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
No it will not damage the processor setting in the box, sometimes processers will sit in boxes for years before they are used.

Just make sure you buy a matching motherboard.

Thanks.:D

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks, and im pretty sure i know the kind of mobo that matches the 3570k any LGA1155 socket with the z77 chipset?

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It all depends on how much you want to pay and what feature you want.

ASRock and BioStar are cheaper motherboards and are pretty good.
I haven't had any problems with them before but some users prefer more expensive motherboards like Intel, ASUS and Gigabyte.

MSI is like in the mid price range. I prefer ASUS or Intel but I will use other motherboards according to features and prices.

If you are just wanting to build a basic PC, then you can go with cheaper components and still have a good system. However if you want to build a gaming system, it is better to go with more expensive components.

Sometimes you can find a bare bones setup which will be much cheaper.
They usually include processor, motherboard, RAM, power pack and PC case. Sometimes you can find bare bones with hard drive included.

Here is a link to where I buy my bare bones.

Enjoy!!:D

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Well im planning to use it for video encoding (using Handbrake/x264) and Media Center, and there is a nice barebones kit i just found so i might keep it in mind for the next few days before the rebates expire lol

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8238079&CatId=333

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.