CPU Randomly Using 100%; Programs/Internet Crashing

Karkat Vantas

Thread author
May 3, 2014
I've used Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, Advanced Systemcare, and Spybot S&D to try to fix the problem, and I'm currently running Combofix.
There have been three trojans, countless PUPS, and a few browser helpers. I don't have any malicious extensions or search engines to report as of now that I know of. I also just downloaded Junkware and plan on using it as soon as I finish up CF. And just to be clear, I blame this all on my brothers' torrenting, so I'm not a brainless git who gets herself infected willy-nilly. I know what's harmful and what's not, and frankly this is terrifying.
Here are some other bits and pieces that might help out.
  • My computer keeps using up 100% of its Disk throughout what appears to be random times of the day.
  • Opening multiple programs or tabs seems to agitate the issue.
  • This starting occurring after a fake installation of "Goat Simulator."...which was not my doing. :|
  • When frozen, the mouse is stuck, open events are unresponsive and sometimes the fan will whir loudly.
  • I didn't think ahead to save the reports. I know, I know. I should in the future. I just thought I could solve it myself and that this would be all over by the time they were done.
  • I use Google Chrome and have the latest updates. But Chrome is not the only program affected, it's just the worst case. I've tested out if programs not using internet connection would cause this problem (such as an art program), and it still persists.
  • The fake program was reportedly deleted. I don't know what it was called or where he got it from, but if it helps, it was most likely µTorrent.
I would love some help with this before the situation worsens. I don't want to have to pay for anything, either. Well, I mean, I would, but I don't exactly even have any money to use, and I don't want to drag my parents into this. They're not exactly...tech savvy, if you will.
I appreciate any willingness to help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***EDIT***
Here are the results for Combofix, if it helps at all.
The names seem to be reoccurring quite a bit. Maybe it's making some headway.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    72.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    95.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    96.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    93.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Capture6.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    67.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
WARNING!!! ComboFix is complex and very powerfull tool, that is able to destroy your system completely if run in wrong hands. It is not intended for everyday use. It should be run only when asked and under guidance by trained malware removal expert. Don't run ComboFix on your own!!!

Post me the report ComboFix cretead, after it finish. It should be on C:\ComboFix.txt

Karkat Vantas

Thread author
May 3, 2014
WARNING!!! ComboFix is complex and very powerfull tool, that is able to destroy your system completely if run in wrong hands. It is not intended for everyday use. It should be run only when asked and under guidance by trained malware removal expert. Don't run ComboFix on your own!!!

Post me the report ComboFix cretead, after it finish. It should be on C:\ComboFix.txt

I don't seem to have a file under that name, but i do have the screenshots of what it found attached.
Also, thanks for the advice, I'll try and be more careful about what programs to use.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Try looking at your system partition. Report should be there. Or see in Qoobox folder.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Karkat Vantas

Thread author
May 3, 2014
Try looking at your system partition. Report should be there. Or see in Qoobox folder.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
I don't think there's anything harmful in the lists, but I do have the reports for you.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    255.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Addition.txt
    39.7 KB · Views: 131

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
We still have some work to do:

You have Windows Defender along with Kaspersky active. Please disable Windows Defender --> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...on-off#turn-windows-defender-on-off=windows-7

First, go to Control Panel and uninstall following unneeded programs:
- Advanced SystemCare 7
- Registry Dr
- Java 7 Update 25
- IObit Malware Fighter --> has very bad past, known to steal others vendors databases

***** NEXT *****

Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

***** NEXT *****

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
    NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
    createsrpoint;
    emptyfolderscheck;delete
    ComboFix.txt;z
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns;b
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 228

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.