crazyboomfish config

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Great config biozfear, but isn't pf kinda talkitive/complicated like online armor or cis?

Here's my try...

AV: Avast Free
Firewall: Windows firewall with maybe tinywall???
Sanboxie to browse
Comodo Dragon with wot and adblock add easylist+easy privacy and malwaredomain list
And have enable the Toolwiz Timefreeze (another layer of virtualization).
On demand scanners: Malwarebytes and Emsisoft Anti-Malware Free version

P

Plexx

MRF71 said:
Great config biozfear, but isn't pf kinda talkitive/complicated like online armor or cis?

Here's my try...

AV: Avast Free
Firewall: Windows firewall with maybe tinywall???
Sanboxie to browse
Comodo Dragon with wot and adblock add easylist+easy privacy and malwaredomain list
And have enable the Toolwiz Timefreeze (another layer of virtualization).
On demand scanners: Malwarebytes and Emsisoft Anti-Malware Free version

PF compared to Tinywall, you got a point. Perhaps Tinywall then.

But yeah browser of choice with a couple of extensions max and the above should be fine.

I wouldnt even recommend EMET at this stage.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Well beginners would probably not like PF and similar, thanks

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I looked on Google / Amazon at your laptop specifications, hope you didn't pay a lot for your current laptop.

Do you know if you have a Recovery partition on your laptop?

What do you use your laptop for, do you require any special software that runs only in Windows?

There's no right or wrong answer, but why you use Firefox?

I'd start from scratch and rebuild Windows Vista SP2 to get it back to speed. Check this guide out to help.

P

Plexx

Could vista users upgrade to win7? <-- honestly dont know the answer

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
biozfear said:
Could vista users upgrade to win7? <-- honestly dont know the answer

Yes, they can, but as far as I know that feature can change once Microsoft stop supporting Vista, I'm not sure.

D

Deleted member 178

When i bought my Acer laptop it was bundled with vista, i have to request a Win7 cd that never came...

crazyboomfish

Thread author
Jun 5, 2012
Earth said:
I looked on Google / Amazon at your laptop specifications, hope you didn't pay a lot for your current laptop.

I received it when I graduated highschool and I'm now a graduate student if that says anything about how long I've had it lol.

Earth said:
What do you use your laptop for, do you require any special software that runs only in Windows?

Not on a regular basis. I have university computers for the heavy duty stuff like spatial processing programs. I'd love to have them at home but this laptop wouldn't handle them anyway.

Earth said:
There's no right or wrong answer, but why you use Firefox?

IE causes my processer to loop and loop and loop.....the whole thing freezes. The tech guy told me I could un-install and re-install my Vista OS....or just use Firefox. I chose the simpler solution.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.