Troubleshoot Create installation media for another PC : Windows 10

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Hi Smart people around.

Not sure if you have encountered problems like me, but just wanted to ask, I have made (Create installation media for another PC) installation file on USB. Can I use this installation to upgrade my existing PC. I tried once and it asks for Windows key. I tried supplying my Windows 7 key (OEM) but it didn't work. Any clues?

Thanks!!

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Hey What wrong did I do?

upload_2015-8-5_18-15-49.png

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@trainbus120: As you are going to create media for Windows 10, make sure to upgrade first. The reason it ask for license key is because your OS is under of 7 or 8.1 therefore it should follow the Microsoft protocol as possible.

Upvote 0

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
@trainbus120: As you are going to create media for Windows 10, make sure to upgrade first. The reason it ask for license key is because your OS is under of 7 or 8.1 therefore it should follow the Microsoft protocol as possible.
Not able to upgrade even after clean install of win7 & SP1. error 0x000000f & 0x0000225

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not sure if you have encountered problems like me, but just wanted to ask, I have made (Create installation media for another PC) installation file on USB. Can I use this installation to upgrade my existing PC. I tried once and it asks for Windows key. I tried supplying my Windows 7 key (OEM) but it didn't work. Any clues?

Thanks!!

This is what I did: To upgrade your CURRENT Windows 7 SP1 computer, use the UPGRADE option. Do not create an ISO.
And before you Upgrade from Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10, for a smooth update process, uninstall Kaspersky and other real-time security.
Thereafter, you can use a clean install @illumination maybe able to provide some light on how-to.

The Create installation media for another PC will require a new Windows 10 License key. You cannot use a Windows 7 to 8.1 (bought or OEM) license to Activate a clean Windows 10 build.

Upvote 0

Sloth

Level 5
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
This is what I did: To upgrade your CURRENT Windows 7 SP1 computer, use the UPGRADE option. Do not create an ISO.

The Create installation media for another PC will require a new Windows 10 License key.

Nope. I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 using an ISO and it didn't ask me to enter a license key.

@trainbus120 There is something wrong with your current Win7 installation. Did you apply all the latest patches?

Try this tool, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058 to fix update issues.

Check this, http://borncity.com/win/2015/07/31/windows-10-upgrade-error-0xc1900101-0x20004/.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

I too upgraded to Win 10 with ISO i.e run setup.exe from within Win 7 & was upgraded & activated successfully.
I have to upgrade 1 more system & will do the upgrade the same way with the same ISO.

Reactions: Sloth
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.