Crypto Opinions & News Crypto.com accidentally sends 320k ETH to Gate.io, recovers funds days after

Disclaimer: Any information contained on this forum is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment, financial, trading or other sort of advice.

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
The fall of FTX highlighted the importance of proof of reserves in averting risks and improving investor confidence, urging leading crypto exchanges to publicly list down their cold and hot wallet addresses. When trying to confirm the availability of funds on Crypto.com, cold store information revealed a suspicious transfer of 320,000 Ether to a wallet address linked to Gate.io on Oct. 21, 2022.
Community member jconorgrogan raised concerns about the transfer of 320,000 ETH from Crypto.com’s cold wallet to Gate.io, considering that the former claims that 100% of user-owned cryptocurrencies are held offline in cold storage in partnership with hardware wallet provider Ledger.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Not the first time they been in the news headlight.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Take your coins out of exchanges, move them on cold wallets...also as a personal perspectiv I asume BTC will be on 10k $ or under (around 7-8k $).

Time will tell...

Reactions: Arequire and Jack

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Take your coins out of exchanges, move them on cold wallets...also as a personal perspectiv I asume BTC will be on 10k $ or under (around 7-8k $).

Time will tell...
Yes, I would suggest Trust Wallet... be careful not to lose your seed phrase.

also as a personal perspectiv I asume BTC will be on 10k $ or under (around 7-8k $).
Yes, another drop will most likely happen, however, we may see a relief rally first, then the drop.

3232.jpg

Last edited:

LeonardSlaterd

Dec 30, 2022
I agree that it's a good idea to take your coins out of exchanges and put them in cold wallets. I'm not sure I agree with your BTC price prediction, though.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I agree that it's a good idea to take your coins out of exchanges and put them in cold wallets. I'm not sure I agree with your BTC price prediction, though.
1. FED money printing and now they take them out off the market.

2. Antpool and FoundryUSA have created 512 of the last 1000 Bitcoin blocks, which means that they control more than 51% of the network also Barry Silbert and Jihan Wu are the owners of these businesses.

3. Almost all demand for bitcoin appears to have disappeared, and volume has fallen to its lowest level in years.

4. We will see a pump then a final rug pull.

Can't wait to see the show after that.

Take your coin off the Exchanges.

/sorry for bad english

DaxKaiser

Jan 18, 2023
Crypto.com accidentally sending that huge amount of ETH to Gate.io is wild. It shows how important it is for crypto exchanges to have tight security measures in place. It's crazy how fast the crypto industry changes, with new projects and coins constantly popping up. It can be hard to know what's legit and what's not.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.