Solved Cryptominer

PLPlayer

Thread author
Jul 18, 2018
Around 4 days ago i stumbled apon a big problem because i saw that in the middle of an overwatch game the game minimalyzed and the ad popped up just out of nowhere. After the fact i immediately checked the task manager to which i found a process without a name using 50-60% of the cpu. It turned out to be a cryptominer and the webroot found that the file msiexec64.exe had the virus yet the process location redirects me to an csrss file. The BIG problem is the fact that i cannot type anything with malware (meaning not being able to download MalwareBytes), adware, FarBar in the search bar, also including the sites in which you can download MalwareBytes and FarBar (as soon as i type any of that the browser turns off). So i tried installing farbar through the pendrive but the install also turned off.

If it can help somehow the site that it redirects to when the ad pops up is us.baylnk.com

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.