From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hello,

I am pleased to announce that a new BETA version of Crystal Security is available.
Crystal Security 3.5 BETA is completely rebuilt from the ground up to be better, faster and more efficient.

main-png.18606

Remember: This release may still contain significant errors. Please try it carefully and if you as the user find anything
strange in the behavior of the program, then please feel free to let me know.

Looking forward to your feedback. :)

What's new in Crystal Security 3.5?
  • Re-designed user interface
One of the biggest changes in this version is design. It is now more user-friendly, provides more possibilites and information about current status, analysis, updates, results and actions.
  • Two separate versions - Installer and portable
It is now possible to use Crystal Security like any other product. Download the setup.. install (next, next, next).. finish and launch. After installation it is possible to run Crystal Security via desktop shortcut at anytime. Program is also listed under Programs and Features section for easy uninstallation.
  • Fully integrated Internal database - Active protection and Checkup
Each detected a potentially dangerous file is analyzed with Internal and Cloud database.
  • Trust applications with digital signature
For better performance it is now possible to Trust all digitally signed files automatically without any user interaction.
  • Password protection
Protect Crystal Security settings with your own password to avoid any unauthorized activity.
  • Learning mode and Self-protection
  • Significantly improved Protection and Checkup
Made several changes to Active protection and Checkup. Better malware detection and removale thanks to upgraded internal database and enchanced cloud usage. Running processes tracking is upgraded to provide more reliable detection and protection.
  • Improved data files structure
Implemented New structure for data for better performance
  • Quarantine and Restore
Place any malicious file in Quarantine. If necessary, restore the file from quarantine.
  • Lots of customization possibilities
  • Offline mode
Program is able to continue work successfully without any network and cloud connection.
  • Updated context menu for every section
  • New and improved sections
Added new Unrecognized section. All files listed in Unrecognized list will be checked again after certain interval.
  • Overall statistics
  • Import and Export - Settings and sections
  • Search filter for each section
  • Many other small changes and improvements
Currently disabled features

- Password protection, Learning mode, Self-protection and Shell integration and Overall statistics.

Two different types of downloads

Download installer version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.90
Download portable version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.90

Please uninstall any previous version completely to avoid conflicts.
You can uninstall previous version via program tray menu.

More screenshots:

http://crystalsecurity.eu/images/3.5_beta/checkup.png
http://crystalsecurity.eu/images/3.5_beta/notification.png
http://crystalsecurity.eu/images/3.5_beta/settings_general.png
http://crystalsecurity.eu/images/3.5_beta/settings_protection.png
http://crystalsecurity.eu/images/3.5_beta/settings_behavior.png
http://crystalsecurity.eu/images/3.5_beta/settings_checkup.png
http://crystalsecurity.eu/images/3.5_beta/about.png

Regards,
Kardo

Attachments

• main.png
    main.png
    29 KB · Views: 7,192
Last edited:

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Hello,
Nice work Kardo Kristal, it's very nice to see a concurrent like you.

I have done a try with your software, it's a nice work you did there but you have a lot, very lot of things to improves and changes.

First, the CPU usage.
For a background software, you need a good usage of the system ressources, in all cases.
I suggest you to block the CPU usage of your software to 10% of /100 CPU and take your codes more easier.

With more easier, i mean, you're doing a lot of jobs, in multiple sequences, in same time.
Example, you're checking a file in MD5 then as SHA256 managed, it's a lot of usage and time spent, you will see by yourself that your software will block the installations and updates from graphic cards/microsoft/games because you're reading the signature and the file is in-use, blocked.

I suggest you for that, to try the PE and HEX like we're doing with our engines. But, you can't use VirusTotal and Comodo because it's require a signature to search, maybe you can try to make a PE/HEX/Jumps searchs?
The use of VirusTotal and Comodo will limit your software and create more problems, like i said, the installations/updates etc. that we seen in our test and UP the CPU and memory.

Also, about decrypt, you're decrypting your API Code multiple time, this UP your CPU and memory too. Don't lose your time with crypting this API because if your program can decrypt, everyone can decrypt it ;)
Add a message as comment like "It's private etc." this will prevent anyone to share or touch it. Or, if you want, you can create another type of cryptography yourself with numbers (more faster) to decrypt it in-one-time.

And more and more things like that to improve/change, i'm sure you will do a good software with the time :)

I hope it's clear to understand,
And it's not an attack or other, i'm just trying to help you to improve your project :)

Best Regards and keep working! :)

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Dubseven Quick reply: Thank you for your suggestions! I got your point and now I know what I should change to improve performance.
PS. I removed Comodo service some time ago.

@Manzai Thanks! Got it. ;) I'll try to figure out what went wrong in your last test. Must be some nasty bug..
I'll try to figure out this critical issue as fast as possible and then I'll release a new version.

@OpenSecLabs Thank you for the feedback. :) - About partnership with other services: Let's see what the future brings

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Manzai Thank you! Actually this particular detection bug is not fixed in this video.
This error occurs at any time.. nasty and strange bug but hopefully will be fixed with next version because it is a critical bug...

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hello,

Crystal Security 3.5.0.91 BETA released

Changelog
  • Improved overall performance
  • Improved search box, custom extension and custom scope behavior
  • Added "Clear all" feature for Overview (right-click menu)
  • Added browse window for custom scope
  • Fixed critical bug in Active protection
  • Fixed search
  • Fixed blank unsafe detection setting
  • Fixed bug in Advanced Checkup
  • Fixed minor bugs in Settings
  • Fixed "Analyze selected file"
  • Fixed several other minor bugs
  • Updated criteria (safe and unsafe)
  • Updated internal database

Download installer version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.91
Download portable version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.91

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Looks interesting I'll give it a try, UI seems of ESET merged with Dr.Web (which I like).

Is their any disadvantage in using the portable version over the installer?

Cheers.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi,

@Manzai Thanks! :)

@MrXidus Thank you for your interest. :)
Looks interesting I'll give it a try, UI seems of ESET merged with Dr.Web (which I like).
Glad you like the design.. it is a mixture of ESET (top gray area), AVAST (left-side menu) and my own imagination.
Is their any disadvantage in using the portable version over the installer?

No. ;)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hello,

Crystal Security 3.5.0.92 BETA released

Changelog
  • Improved common and custom protection extensions
  • Improved download links (now dynamic)
  • Fixed search box behavior
  • Fixed bug in clear all function
  • Fixed double tray icon
  • Fixed processes detection error
  • Fixed bug in "Analyze selected file"
  • Fixed several bugs in notification
  • Fixed suspicious rule behavior (user intervention)
  • Fixed several other reported bugs
  • Updated internal database

Download installer version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.92
Download portable version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.92

Regards,
Kardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.