Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
On advice of a friend i installed CsFire for Google Chrome today.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/csfire/kflgpkibamedbalplkfjeodpghfelmii/details?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon

But almost immediately i ran into a problem, CsFire continually forces me to log into Lastpass every time i start up Google Chrome. When i deactivate CsFire then login to lastpass...exit Chrome and then restart chrome again then Lastpass is logged in. When using CsFire i have to log in every time when first starting Chrome as mentioned. Now i looked at CsFires Policy Suggestions and added them to my CsFire Local Policy. But even then it still happens...even if i set the rules to accepted?

So my question is...is any one else using Google Crome with CsFire and Lastpass, and if so where you able to solve this problem? If so then please tell me how.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Firefox users also experiencing problems, with CsFire breaking their web experience.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/csfire/reviews/

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Earth said:
Firefox users also experiencing problems, with CsFire breaking their web experience.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/csfire/reviews/

Thanks for the information Earth, in light of that info i will remove CsFire.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never even heard of this plugin before. Seems good in a way.

CsFire protects you against malicious cross-domain requests, by rendering them harmless. This means that CsFire will remove authentication information (cookies and authentication headers), which ensures that a cross-domain request can not have harmful or undesired side-effects.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Yeah it does look good, and it is the reason i guess that it was advised to me by a friend. But the problem with lastpass makes it a no go for me.

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
McLovin said:
Never even heard of this plugin before. Seems good in a way.

CsFire protects you against malicious cross-domain requests, by rendering them harmless. This means that CsFire will remove authentication information (cookies and authentication headers), which ensures that a cross-domain request can not have harmful or undesired side-effects.

Can you explain more easily please what this extension does?

for example by going to 2baksa.net others webistes pop-up

this extension will prevent what exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.