"Cup" "Glass" persistent Chrome extension malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlpope100

Thread author
Sep 8, 2022
Hi, recently I've been struggling trying to get rid of this persistent malware that I'm not sure where the origin file location is. I'm not sure what I've downloaded nor clicked, but my chrome browser has been infected, with slow speeds, random website popups, and an extension that reinstalls itself no matter how many times I try to delete it. Screenshots below are also included. I've tried to run malwarebytes, but quarantining the virus does not work as it pops back up, as well as the software not recognizing any malware after multiple scans. I've tried to use the chrome settings to reset and search for malware, but there were still no results. Screenshots below for reference.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    51.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot (163).png
    Screenshot (163).png
    191.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot (164).png
    Screenshot (164).png
    139.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (165).png
    Screenshot (165).png
    114 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (166).png
    Screenshot (166).png
    190.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot (167).png
    Screenshot (167).png
    370.3 KB · Views: 18

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

I need to see the FRST.TXT log created by the Farbar program.
Please post it in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.