cyber crime unit virus

Chad Lebo

Thread author
Apr 2, 2015
When I had gotten home yesterday from my job as an over the road truck driver,my step dad showed me how his computer screen on his laptop had locked up. He told me it had happened just after the last time I had left home,back in early Feb. It is the cyber crime unit virus.

I did a Google search about this,and found this link.
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/cyber-crime-unit-virus/ I downloaded the removal tool onto a USB flash drive. 32 bit if I recall. I followed the instructions,and I was not able to remove the virus. After turning it on then off,and inserting the flash drive,that did not work.

No prompts or commands came up.for instructing on rebooting. I tried,after watching the video instructions,inserting the flash drive,then turning the laptop on. That did not work. It uses Windows 8. I tried using the F10,11,or 12 keys. No go.

I wonder if I should try uploading the removal tool onto a blank CD,or DVD. I also wonder if the virus has been on there too long,and it needs to go to a computer repair shop. We both have Webroot for internet security. Webroot has worked well for me.

Chad Lebo

Thread author
Apr 2, 2015
I did a search here for FRST. I do not think I can scan his computer with it,as his is totally locked up with that cyber crime unit virus.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.
  • Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
  • Restart your computer and tap F8 to bring up the Advanced Menu, then click Repair your computer
  • Follow the prompt to enter keyboard input method, and then the prompt to enter a password. If the machine does not have a password, simply click Enter.
  • In the Choose Recovery Tool menu select Command Prompt.
  • You will see a big black window with a blinking cursor (command prompt).

notepad.png
    Access the notepad and identify your USB drive

In the Command Prompt please type in:
    Code:
    notepad
    and press Enter.
  • When the notepad opens, go to File menu.
  • Select Open.
  • Go to Computer and search there for your USB drive letter.
  • Note down the letter and close the notepad.

FRST.gif
    Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Once back in the command prompt window, please do the following:
  • Type in e:\frst64.exe and press Enter.
    You need to replace e with the letter of your USB drive taken from notepad!
  • FRST will start to run. Give him a minute or so to load itself.
  • Click Yes to Disclaimer.
  • In the main console, please click Scan and wait.
  • When finished it will produce a logfile named FRST.txt in the root of your pendrive and display it. Close that logfile.

Transfer it to your clean machine and include it in your next reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.