Cyberfox Portable & AdGuard

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I use latest Cyberfox Portable & AdGuard. I am trying AdGuard now.

I get connection not secure. I added Cyberfox Portable executable in AdGuard but still same prob.

Vivaldi Portable works fine with AdGuard by default.

Firefox installed works fine with AdGuard by default.

Why not Cyberfox Portable & not even after added in AdGuard?

Reactions: Logethica

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I think that @avatar could help but in my opinion you should first try to reinstall the Adguard certificate via General Settings:

iFr3Mxt.png

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Why to reinstall certs if every other things are running fine?

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Because I think that Adguard's certificate isn't installed in Cyberfox certificates store.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I dont know much about certs install.

But how AdGuard certs reinstall will install certs in Portable Cyberfox?

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
For Firefox, Cyberfox, etc you have to do it manually... reinstalling certificate has never help me one single bit.

Go to Options, then to Advanced (tab), Certificates (tab on page), then "View Certificates", Import.

You want to import the Adguard certificate from C:\ProgramData\Adguard\NetworkTemp\SSL

I'd assume since Cyberfox has the same interface/setting. Those instructions were on a Adguard help page if I remember correctly. It should completely fix any problems.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
For Firefox, Cyberfox, etc you have to do it manually... reinstalling certificate has never help me one single bit.

Go to Options, then to Advanced (tab), Certificates (tab on page), then "View Certificates", Import.

You want to import the Adguard certificate from C:\ProgramData\Adguard\NetworkTemp\SSL

I'd assume since Cyberfox has the same interface/setting. Those instructions were on a Adguard help page if I remember correctly. It should completely fix any problems.
So when I will delete Cyberfox Portable folder then those AdGuard certs will go away too, right?

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
So when I will delete Cyberfox Portable folder then those AdGuard certs will go away too, right?

Do not have any experience with portable browsers. Searched it up and apparently Firefox and similar browser store certificate in a file called cert8.db inside of the profile folder. If the portable version stores all of it's profiles inside the same folder, it should disappear if you delete the portable browser folder.

Source of information: http://superuser.com/questions/136535/where-does-firefox-store-cerificates-and-how-to-delete-one

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Do not have any experience with portable browsers. Searched it up and apparently Firefox and similar browser store certificate in a file called cert8.db inside of the profile folder. If the portable version stores all of it's profiles inside the same folder, it should disappear if you delete the portable browser folder.

Source of information: http://superuser.com/questions/136535/where-does-firefox-store-cerificates-and-how-to-delete-one
And do certs update? And so will have to import the updated certs again (if certs do update), right?

There is a Profile folder & cert8 file in Cyberfox Portable folder, this means AdGuard certs will be removed on Cyberfox Portable folder removal, right?

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
And do certs update? And so will have to import the updated certs again (if certs do update), right?

I would imagine so. Since it was manually installed. And being that it is inside another archive file, Adguard probably can't see it. I never even thought about that until you mentioned it. Glad you brought it up.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
There is a Profile folder & cert8 file in Cyberfox Portable folder, this means AdGuard certs will be removed on Cyberfox Portable folder removal, right?

And attached is the screenshot, what all should I check or simply click ok?

Attachments

• scr.png
    scr.png
    12 KB · Views: 425

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015

And attached is the screenshot, what all should I check or simply click ok?

You should only need the identify websites option however I personally checked all 3 just in case. I'm no expert on this subject and have had no problems when all 3 were checked.

As for removal, yes, if the folder is deleted, Cyberfox, Firefox, etc will no longer have Adguard's certificate if you would use this in the future. On my computer and several family computers, Adguard was never able to insert its certificate no matter what I did. On browsers like Chrome, IE, Edge, etc, I would imagine they rely on Windows certificate stores which would mean a manual uninstall would be needed. Adguard may also remove it upon uninstallation like Kaspersky does.

In fact you can also manually uninstall Adguard certificate by going to the same menu but instead of selecting Import, you'd just scroll through the list, click the Adguard certificate and remove. I used this method on both Adguard and Kaspersky. Kaspersky also was unable to install the certificate in Firefox. Not sure what goes on with it.

Also sorry for the late reply. Was a little busy.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
My Firefox installed version works fine with AdGuard by default.

I have added only Website option of certs in Cyberfox, working fine now.

Thanxx for the info & your time.

Regards

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
My Firefox installed version works fine with AdGuard by default.

I have added only Website option of certs in Cyberfox, working fine now.

Thanxx for the info & your time.

Regards

I guess Adguard and Kaspersky (and many others) just hate cooperating with me on Firefox. lol In the end they work fine so no big deal. Glad I was able to help.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You should only need the identify websites option however I personally checked all 3 just in case. I'm no expert on this subject and have had no problems when all 3 were checked.
As Firefox installed works with AdGuard by default. I checked AdGuard certs in Firefox. Highlighted AdGuard certs & selected Edit Trust, only website option is selected by default.

So I have only selected website option in Cyberfox Portable too.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
You run FF 32 or 64?

I use 64bit all around. I've also tried getting Adguard to work by default under 32bit browsers gecko browsers. Doesn't work either way. I've ruled out all options excluding running a 32bit OS (which would be dumb with 10GB of RAM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.