Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Have been using CyberGhost for some time now, no unusual activity detected by Avira (my realtime protection). Regular On-demand scanners (Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, Zemana AM) all say that everything is fine on my PC.

I took a look at ByteHero and I have to say they are not very up to date as a company. The China based cooperation hasn't updated their website in what looks like a very long time now. http://www.bytehero.com/

My take on it would be trust your Norton AV.

луноход

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2015
Have been using CyberGhost for some time now, no unusual activity detected by Avira (my realtime protection). Regular On-demand scanners (Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, Zemana AM) all say that everything is fine on my PC.

I took a look at ByteHero and I have to say they are not very up to date as a company. The China based cooperation hasn't updated their website in what looks like a very long time now. http://www.bytehero.com/

My take on it would be trust your Norton AV.

The odd thing was that Skype download. It started right after CyberGhost completed its installation. All of the sudden, the Skype icon appeared on the screen. We trust these companies with our privacy and security, but who knows what they are doing with our data. I guess I will try the Ghost again and see how it behaves this time. I'll keep you posted.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
The odd thing was that Skype download. It started right after CyberGhost completed its installation. All of the sudden, the Skype icon appeared on the screen. We trust these companies with our privacy and security, but who knows what they are doing with our data. I guess I will try the Ghost again and see how it behaves this time. I'll keep you posted.
Hmmm I agree the skype part is a little suspicious but I already had skype installed at the point when i installed CyberGhost so I can't verify that they attempted to install it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.