seem here not seeing this slowdown.I am running CL in Smart mode and do not notice this, but I am going to watch closely now.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
seem here not seeing this slowdown.I am running CL in Smart mode and do not notice this, but I am going to watch closely now.
try support@voodooshield.comWhere do I send the log?
There are issues between cyberlock and HBS? I use both and I have not noticed any issues.
See posts 176-180 in this thread.Version 8.02 seems to be losing my preferences for not showing the whitelist icon. Every time I reboot the icon is back in the taskbar after turning it off every time. Can anyone else confirm?
See posts 176-180 in this thread.
No need to reset anything, see post 179, all you have to do is turn that setting off.Thanks @Digmor Crusher! I'm a little weary of resetting everything. Since it's a known issue I'll just wait.
No need to reset anything, see post 179, all you have to do is turn that setting off.
malwaretips.com
"Security vendors will be able to test their software, and request changes if required, to ensure that their antivirus products run fine in user mode. The Verge quotes David Weston, vice president of enterprise and OS security at Microsoft, who said that "We’re not here to tell them how the API should work, we’re here to listen and provide the security and reliability".How will it actually affect CyberLock's functionality if Microsoft denies security programs access to the Windows kernel?
Or did I misunderstand something?![]()
Microsoft is moving antivirus programs from running at kernel level
Antivirus software will soon be moved out of the kernel mode in Windows. This change is part of Microsoft's Windows Resiliency Initiative (WRI). Last year, millions of Windows PCs crashed with a blue screen due to a faulty update for Crowdstrike. In the aftermath of the incident, Microsoft held...malwaretips.com
Yeah, apparently Microsoft is trying to create a Windows Endpoint Security Platform (WESP) to replace kernel mode drivers. If they can get this to work, it might actually be a good thing, but there are several obstacles that are going to be difficult to overcome.How will it actually affect CyberLock's functionality if Microsoft denies security programs access to the Windows kernel?
Or did I misunderstand something?![]()
Microsoft is moving antivirus programs from running at kernel level
Antivirus software will soon be moved out of the kernel mode in Windows. This change is part of Microsoft's Windows Resiliency Initiative (WRI). Last year, millions of Windows PCs crashed with a blue screen due to a faulty update for Crowdstrike. In the aftermath of the incident, Microsoft held...malwaretips.com
There was a compatibility issue about a month ago, but that was fixed. Is there another issue? Let me know and I will look into it right away. Please send me your DeveloperLog if you think it will help, thank you!
Are you guys saying that when you do a restore with HBS, that the CyberLock settings are not restored? I am just trying to figure out what issue some people are having.I do not seem to be experiencing any issues between CL 8/02 and HBS. My settings for HBS do not revert.
I am not 100% sure but now and then all CL setting goes back to standard, aka dark etc. Last time was yesterday after an update of the program HBS.There was a compatibility issue about a month ago, but that was fixed. Is there another issue? Let me know and I will look into it right away. Please send me your DeveloperLog if you think it will help, thank you!
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes