App Review CyberSplitterVBS Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

This is my quick demonstration of CyberSplitterVBS Ransomware - Blue Eagle Variant. There are several variants to this Ransomware, but unfortunately no one has done a full analysis of the files - so there isn't much analysis in this video.

Thanks for watching, more videos coming soon!

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Don't post just to increase your number of posts. Avoid short sentences or single word posts. If you have nothing relevant to say on a certain matter then don't post.
Nice video bro, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: MalwareBlockerYT

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Thanks for the video :)

The ransomware's variants are countless and this also depends on the fact that today, it is extremely easy to change the hash of a known malware with a new one, and then no longer recognizable from the antivirus.
The running executable code is detected by antivirus as malicious, or not, in relation to the presence or absence of the signature in the database, or the ability to circumvent the behavioural checks of the processes.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Thanks, more Messing with Malware episodes coming soon.
If you test Avira do you are going to set all Heuristics to high? ik it could be 10 weeks before you test it but just interested ;)
The heuritics are in Web protection real time protection and on demand ( also in mail but idk if that bother to the test )

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thanks for the video :)

The ransomware's variants are countless and this also depends on the fact that today, it is extremely easy to change the hash of a known malware with a new one, and then no longer recognizable from the antivirus.
The running executable code is detected by antivirus as malicious, or not, in relation to the presence or absence of the signature in the database, or the ability to circumvent the behavioural checks of the processes.
No problem, thanks for watching :) And indeed it is extremely simple, there are lots of variants of this Ransomware include some with screen lockers I believe.

If you test Avira do you are going to set all Heuristics to high? ik it could be 10 weeks before you test it but just interested ;)
The heuritics are in Web protection real time protection and on demand ( also in mail but idk if that bother to the test )
To make all my Review videos fair I test all AVs on Default Settings - otherwise the results will be unequal & I plan to do a large summary video of results (across all AVs I've tested) eventually once I've covered all the main AVs :)

But I can happily test Avira's Behaviour Blocker on High in a BB Test video? And yes it will take about 10 weeks before I will have finished all my exams ;)

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
No problem, thanks for watching :) And indeed it is extremely simple, there are lots of variants of this Ransomware include some with screen lockers I believe.

To make all my Review videos fair I test all AVs on Default Settings - otherwise the results will be unequal & I plan to do a large summary video of results (across all AVs I've tested) eventually once I've covered all the main AVs :)

But I can happily test Avira's Behaviour Blocker on High in a BB Test video? And yes it will take about 10 weeks before I will have finished all my exams ;)
Idk if u can Disable the Sigs in Avira... WOuld be nice to see the Heuristics bb and cloud in action ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.