CydMM's Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

CydMM

Thread author
Oct 7, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
CydMM said:
So I will make a fresh re-install of the ORIGINAL Win7 ....
Maybe I could use Vista Service Optimizer in order to just get rid of the unuseful services and that's it. After that, I will apply the hardening measures I indicated before and I should have a rock-solid system, shouldn't I?

check this link, it is the one i used, and it is updated for W7 SP1:

http://www.blackviper.com/2010/12/17/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

with 4Gb RAM and a Q9450 quadcore I shouldn't suffer by slowness because of just a few unnecessary windows services left on the system...right?

yes, because it is not windows that slow you but all the big apps with many processes and useless services.

Intersting configuration....do you think that "tweaked" settings would keep high securiy setup on my system?

CydMM

Thread author
Oct 7, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
yes, if you dont use windows media center

I never used Windows Media Center.

VLC Media Player and GOM are my favourite ones.

D

Deleted member 178

so you can do it, but be sure to know what depends of the services you will disable, because later some errors will be the results of those disabled services, so you will know what to re-enable.

CydMM

Thread author
Oct 7, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
so you can do it, but be sure to know what depends of the services you will disable, because later some errors will be the results of those disabled services, so you will know what to re-enable.

I will keep not of service names and dependencies, in order to later fix problems, in case they arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.