CydMM's updated config

CydMM

Thread author
Oct 7, 2011
Hi Guys,

what do you think about my new Config?

I have been infected by Ukash lately and my previous setup (I had Comodo Internet security with Defense+ and many tweaked setting to harden config) has not been able to avoid getting infected.

Now I am trying to build up a more rock solid environment, considering that I use to make bank transactions through Internet, therefore I would achive the safest config possible.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"I have been infected by Ukash lately and my previous setup (I had Comodo Internet security with Defense+ and many tweaked setting to harden config) has not been able to avoid getting infected."

Ok so if you are get infected after using BIS what's the next choice .

CydMM

Thread author
Oct 7, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
"I have been infected by Ukash lately and my previous setup (I had Comodo Internet security with Defense+ and many tweaked setting to harden config) has not been able to avoid getting infected."

Ok so if you are get infected after using BIS what's the next choice .

I don't understand your question.

My previous setup was with Comodo Internet Security and, while protected by that suite, I got infected by Ukash.

Now, I decided to change setup and move to BIS and I am asking the Forum what you do think about the setup I indicated, which is the new one I just decided to go for.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not using Bitdefender 2014?

CydMM

Thread author
Oct 7, 2011
Earth said:
Not using Bitdefender 2014?

I probably mistook writing BIS 2013. I downloaded the trial version from Bitdefender site just three days ago, so I guess it should be the 2014 one.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"My previous setup was with Comodo Internet Security and, while protected by that suite, I got infected by Ukash.
Now, I decided to change setup and move to BIS and I am asking the Forum what you do think about the setup I indicated, which is the new one I just decided to go for. "

Simply you have to adopt healthy internet habits instead changing your AV suits,Comodo is good enough if you have " healthy internet habits" .
And what is "healthy internet habits"
Don't download from unknown internet site
Proper use of UAC
Take care of removable drive ,open in a sandboxed browser to avoid infection(sandboxie free)

Credit Littlebit sir (Don't download from unknown internet site
,Proper use of UAC) from which i learn this things :)
Sandboxie (Bo sir)

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
I agree with MalwareVirus

I have been infected by Ukash lately and my previous setup (I had Comodo Internet security with Defense+ and many tweaked setting to harden config) has not been able to avoid getting infected.

what config. did you used ? Did you set sandbox to untrusted or restricted ? because others can be bypassed and they working to fix it, that's for example

CydMM

Thread author
Oct 7, 2011
Frankly speaking I do not remember if it was set either to untrusted or restricted.

I know that Comodo Firewall is probably the best one around when speaking about Firewalls but the Antivirus Engine of Bitdefender seems to be the top-notch one. I also love in Bitdefender the "Safepay" environment, granting user the possibility to operate inside a totally virtual environment when doing online transactions, using virtual keyboard too.

How could I replace that tool (BIS) with a combination of other softwares? I don't know, for example Comodo Firewall+Avast+a virtual keyboard+what else?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
SafePay is also a standalone product and there are 2 versions; Free and Premium.

Check the features below:
http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/safepay.html

Although the site says, "Safepay doesn’t work with any other antivirus solution from Bitdefender".

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Not only works with BitDefender free edition)

CydMM

Thread author
Oct 7, 2011
There are probably better solutions out there, but at the moment I needed a solid solution in order to protect my PC, that's why I went for BIS. But I am still on the trial period and before expiry I would like to decide the best setup for me

CydMM

Thread author
Oct 7, 2011
Just read the article.
I do totally agree with what is written there. Computer's user is the most powerful Av & FW existing!!

As far as I am concerned, I only got infected twice in all my life and I make extensive use of the PC.

Being far more careful during work with PC will sensibly improve my protection, undoubtedly, but my question here remains the same: Which combination of protection tools, considering my PC setup, would be the best in order to provide the best "achievable" protection?

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I'm not a security expert like others here but I've seen in a friend's lapy, bitdefender 'total security' provides an inbuilt safe pay. As far as your security configuration is concerned the 1st one CIS was/is good for a healthy internet surfing/practice. You could have added zemana anti logger along with cis that would make a good combination for banking and online transactions. And a side note, no antivirus product or any extension will give you cent percent security until and unless you change your internet behavior for (safe surfing).

I agree with what Mr malware virus said 'your mouse click matters'.
thanks and regards,
sid_16.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.