App Review CylanceProtect vs ESET (CylanceInc)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author

I do think this new security company is onto something.

Eset and Trend and others get stomped...

but you can't buy this yet...

Mod Edit: Merged posts

Last edited by a moderator:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Throwing malware at an av on a video does not prove anything imo. You can make any AV fai in any video, yet it doesn't mean they are bad or useless. A rifle can be useless or also very effective depending on the person using it. AV in general are tools to the user to defend their computers better. I've been using ESET for years 0 infections and it has blocked a nice amount of legit malware in the time I've been using it. People should stop posting videos of X av failing in a x video. It's just useless imo. There is no AV that will just do all the work for you. Your brain is needed always when it comes to keep your computer clean.

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
I had the opportunity to be one of the beta testers for Cylance and I would just like to share my 2 cents:

The product definitely lives up to its claims in my opinion. I experimented around with its algorithm on an actual PC (not VM). The software would take some time to adjust itself to your PC, before it started detecting threats. So that is to say that it would work best when installed on fresh workstations. However, its detection rate is excellent once it has configured itself to the workstation. Its performance impact was minimal, around 15mb average I think.

To sum up, I think the closest software to Cylance would be Webroot, just that Cylance does not have roll-back, but has a higher detection rate than webroot.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
This is a video by Cyclance Inc. I am sure not going to go by a video by the company making CyclancePROTECT and get rid of something I have been using for the last 15 years or so and have been infection free during for that entire period.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
That's for companies and not individuals and even for companies there might be non disclosure agreements in place.

Yes, it is for companies, but surely some people in here work at/for companies.
I filled in the form for a demo, maybe I will get some info regarding non disclosure agreements and such.

/W

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
It seems many times in our lives we get emotional about an opinion or maybe someone disagrees with us or someone says the car make we like sucks, or a AV company says they are better...

Why do we do this, well we have invested time, energy, and money into the product we like.

But I like to look at something with no emotion at all...Like I say to you "the sky is blue", there is no emotion. I am just stating a fact...

So I would approach this AV the same why... Is it true or not, are they better or not. No emotion, just the truth.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
They write me about end user product:

Thank you for your interest in CylancePROTECT!

At this time, we are not supporting end-user purchases of CylanceProtect. We are working as quickly as we can to get our end user level to market, but I don’t have a time table at this moment.
Please keep an eye on our website – as we roll out further protection, we will announce it there.

Warm regards,
Jason Green

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.