Dale Mitchell Config

L

Lucent Warrior

You would be much better off removing Spyhunter and just using Windows 10 default security.

This would be my recommended set up for you:

-Windows Firewall with Advanced Security: enabled
-Windows Defender: enabled
-Smartscreen: enabled
-UAC: enabled "At least Default setting if not moved up Always Notify"
-Backups for system and personal files: you already have covered.
-Decent Ad blocker to help protect you while browsing , I always recommend Ublock Origin "Chrome or Firefox"
With edge your limited to Ad block or Adblock plus.
-A decent on demand/Companion of your choice,
I recommend Zemana Anti Malware free

https://www.zemana.com/en-US/AntiMalware

And last, but not least, good surfing habits, learn these and you shall fair well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would remove SpyHunter 4 completely.
Windows 10 built in security is better.
Since you have had a recent malware problem you might benefit from installing Avast Free.
Consider one or two on demand scanners such as Zemana Antimalware(Free) & Malwarebytes Antimalware(Free)
Consider CCleaner for privacy & Optimization.
Consider some type of system back up solution.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Remove SpyHunter, Add Cleaner for computer optimization Avast for protecting you're computer and Zemana for scannimng it. :)

Reactions: aragornnnn

Dale Mitchell

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 8, 2016
I would remove SpyHunter 4 completely.
Windows 10 built in security is better.
Since you have had a recent malware problem you might benefit from installing Avast Free.
Consider one or two on demand scanners such as Zemana Antimalware(Free) & Malwarebytes Antimalware(Free)
Consider CCleaner for privacy & Optimization.
Consider some type of system back up solution.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Thanks exterminator much appreciated

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
How do you feel when Spyhunter 4 is installed on your system? :) Do you manage those fake alerts?

Anyway add adblocker like Ublock or Adguard for your browsing protection.

P

PEllis

Did you pay for SpyHunter? If so, you should keep it as the in-built Spyware HelpDesk that is in the paid version could be helpful if you have an infection you can't get rid of.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.