Damcp04's Security Configuration

Damcp04

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 14, 2016
Time to install that Anniversary Update.
Oh nvm, I checked updates and it is installing. Thanks for helping.
How do you receive Windows updates? Keeping your OS up to date is an important security task.
Enable Smartscreen and consider some type of system back up
Thanks for sharing your config :)
Thanks for your help. I receive the updates via Windows Update, I am downloading the new version right now.
I would do data backups, enable Smartscreen, add Zemana for scanning, and have some sort of password manager. Other than that. :)
Thanks, btw, what are Password managers for?
+1 for Firefox. :cool:
  • You can use LastPass for password management.
  • Use uBlock Origin to block ads on the web pages. Most of ads are tracking you and serving malicious softwares to visitors in this century.. Arm yourself!
I am also not fan of SmartScreen. If you have important files make a external backup of them. Others are good for me.
Yeh, ads are very obtrusive and most of them lead to damage, thanks for your recommendations!
Enabling smartscreen, and finding some sort of personal and system back solution or method is about all i would add to this config.
Thanks for your help! :D
No backups?A really bad idea.You can try Macrium Reflect free or Aomei Backupper free.
I will try making a backup ASAP. Thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.