Not open for further replies.

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
You should enable OS security updates, and possibly add Zemana Antimalware free or paid for regular scans.

Thanks for sharing :)
If I had a better data plan (paying $70 for 12GB of data, on mobile) then I would indeed leave it on :) As for Zemana, I'll take a look. Thank you for the feedback :)

Exterminator

Super Moderator
MalwareTips Staff
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
If I had a better data plan (paying $70 for 12GB of data, on mobile) then I would indeed leave it on
You don't have a home Internet connection(Ethernet or WiFi) for your desktop or Laptop that this config is on?
There would be no reason not to enable Windows 10 OS Security updates.This leaves your PC vulnerable and at risk.
If you download and install them at work then please edit your config accordingly to reflect that you do install them.
I would consider a system backup solution.Doing a clean install is going to download and install a bunch of updates depending on what version ISO you have.
Apart from the OS update issue your config is good.Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
You don't have a home Internet connection(Ethernet or WiFi) for your desktop or Laptop that this config is on?
There would be no reason not to enable Windows 10 OS Security updates.This leaves your PC vulnerable and at risk.
If you download and install them at work then please edit your config accordingly to reflect that you do install them.
I would consider a system backup solution.Doing a clean install is going to download and install a bunch of updates depending on what version ISO you have.
Apart from the OS update issue your config is good.Thanks for sharing it with us :)
Thank you for the feedback. If I download then, stick the file on a USB and then install it when I get home, does that count? No I don't have Cable internet or anything like that, only hotspot with my mobile phone.

Also I do keep copies of the latest CU updates that I download at work :)

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Good configuration out there.

Simple and effective, you are still open to add another companion based unless if you feel the risk level is high.

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
So I updated my config :) I got a bunch of ESET Internet Security licenses (thanks to the fact that I live in Australia) and I dumped dashlime and I am now using Sticky Password.

Status
Not open for further replies.