Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
My firewall is set so that nothing can access the net unless I allow it to go through.

Also with "OS Security Updates" I download the updates from work and then install then on my machine at home.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If I had a better data plan (paying $70 for 12GB of data, on mobile) then I would indeed leave it on
You don't have a home Internet connection(Ethernet or WiFi) for your desktop or Laptop that this config is on?
There would be no reason not to enable Windows 10 OS Security updates.This leaves your PC vulnerable and at risk.
If you download and install them at work then please edit your config accordingly to reflect that you do install them.
I would consider a system backup solution.Doing a clean install is going to download and install a bunch of updates depending on what version ISO you have.
Apart from the OS update issue your config is good.Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
You don't have a home Internet connection(Ethernet or WiFi) for your desktop or Laptop that this config is on?
There would be no reason not to enable Windows 10 OS Security updates.This leaves your PC vulnerable and at risk.
If you download and install them at work then please edit your config accordingly to reflect that you do install them.
I would consider a system backup solution.Doing a clean install is going to download and install a bunch of updates depending on what version ISO you have.
Apart from the OS update issue your config is good.Thanks for sharing it with us :)
Thank you for the feedback. If I download then, stick the file on a USB and then install it when I get home, does that count? No I don't have Cable internet or anything like that, only hotspot with my mobile phone.

Also I do keep copies of the latest CU updates that I download at work :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good configuration out there.

Simple and effective, you are still open to add another companion based unless if you feel the risk level is high.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
:)Hello, great configuration, but you should add one more second opinion scanner(Hitmanpro, etc)
He does not need a Security Suite, but I do agree that adding HitMan Pro as a second opinion would be a great idea.
Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: frogboy

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
So I updated my config :) I got a bunch of ESET Internet Security licenses (thanks to the fact that I live in Australia) and I dumped dashlime and I am now using Sticky Password.

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Updated again, I just brought

upload_2017-11-25_13-23-7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.