Dark Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I think this is in correct section, but could we possibly get a dark theme for MalwareTips because white hurts my eyes, and i just want a darker theme.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I think this is in correct section, but could we possibly get a dark theme for MalwareTips because white hurts my eyes, and i just want a darker theme.
In August or September we will have a new theme...however I do not know if it will be a dark one. The dark based themes are usually more suited to gaming or underground forums.. Nevertheless I will take into account your suggestion. :)

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
In August or September we will have a new theme...however I do not know if it will be a dark one. The dark based themes are usually more suited to gaming or underground forums.. Nevertheless I will take into account your suggestion. :)
As long as it is a nice theme I don't care if it is dark. :p

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
First get a dark theme, then get a .onion address and finally expand the forum to include a 'malware creation' section alongside malware removal and you're well on your way to attracting the 'underground' crowd :p

Perhaps a theme with some darker greys would work, black is perhaps a bit too much but grey instead of white is certainly easier on the eyes. Having never used Xenforo I don't know if there's some kind of theme switcher you can include, that could be a solution perhaps? ...Or maybe I should just write a browser plugin to darken the theme for any users that want it :confused:

D

Deleted member 178

First get a dark theme, then get a .onion address and finally expand the forum to include a 'malware creation' section alongside malware removal and you're well on your way to attracting the 'underground' crowd :p

lol

Reactions: Cowpipe

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014

Perhaps a theme with some darker greys would work, black is perhaps a bit too much but grey instead of white is certainly easier on the eyes. Having never used Xenforo I don't know if there's some kind of theme switcher you can include, that could be a solution perhaps? ...Or maybe I should just write a browser plugin to darken the theme for any users that want it :confused:
You made my day with this.

Reactions: Cowpipe

cooldoctor2007

Level 1
Verified
Jul 20, 2014

You are funny man :D

Reactions: Oxygen and Cowpipe
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.