Darlene's Security Configuration

FrankS

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
I use Bitdefender because I have free licenses, gained over the several BETA campaigns. Bitdefender is far from perfect, but still decent in prevention and detection.
Far from perfect? Using BitDefender 2017 will make you happy! Keywords: Startup-Optimizer, Disk-Optimizer and Oneclick-Optimizer :D
Okay...just kidding. Now to your config:
Why you set OS Update & patching to manual? I would set it to automatic, for getting the updates/patches as early as possible. Otherwise a good setup I guess.

Darlene

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 14, 2015
Far from perfect? Using BitDefender 2017 will make you happy! Keywords: Startup-Optimizer, Disk-Optimizer and Oneclick-Optimizer :D
Okay...just kidding. Now to your config:
Why you set OS Update & patching to manual? I would set it to automatic, for getting the updates/patches as early as possible. Otherwise a good setup I guess.

I like your sense of humor ;), I enabled "Notify for download and notify for install" in the group policy and update as soon as possible.

Good config.Do you use windows backup?
No, I do not use any back-up software.

So what Backup software do you use. o_O

I explained it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
it is great to have a system backup, like the kind made by macrium reflect, or Aomei.
Then if you have any problem with your system, or you just want to totally uninstall some software you were trying out, you just click on restore, and you are right back exactly where you were before.
it's free software, so why not?

FrankS

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
it is great to have a system backup, like the kind made by macrium reflect, or Aomei.
Then if you have any problem with your system, or you just want to totally uninstall some software you were trying out, you just click on restore, and you are right back exactly where you were before.
Alternatively, you can also use Deep Freeze by Faronics. Doing crap with your PC, restart, and everything is as before.
Backing up your system - whether on -or offline based - seems to be a big topic here.
Old but gold-method: Put in your Windows-DVD, restart, boot from Disk -> Format C:\ and performing a clean-install is the safest way to get a healthy system.

Darlene

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 14, 2015

I test software in VMware Pro, the "format and clean installation" method is the most time consuming but assures you in solving a system error or infection. That's why malware prevention is more important than removal to me.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I test software in VMware Pro, the "format and clean installation" method is the most time consuming but assures you in solving a system error or infection. That's why malware prevention is more important than removal to me.
sounds good! you know what you are doing and should be able to help others on this forum

FrankS

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
I am still considering my options. What brand do you suggest?
In relation to smartphones I grew up with Samsung. So I don't really know any other Brand. My first one was the Galaxy S2 and now I have the Galaxy S7. It's nice, looking good and has a nice performance. But it's also comparatively expensive in Germany. In terms of price and performance Huawei is a good alternative I guess. In terms of performance, Samsung is my favourite.
Here you can see a performance-ranking of current Smartphones: Best Smartphones and Tablets

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.