Open MalwareTips in Safari and tap Share. You may need to open the Page Menu first.
Choose Add to Home Screen. If it is not listed, use Edit Actions to add it.
Keep Open as Web App enabled if shown, then tap Add.
Android
Open MalwareTips in Chrome or another browser that supports app installation.
Open the browser menu and look for Install app, Install and create shortcut, or Add to Home screen.
Choose Install and confirm. Wording varies by browser.
Desktop
Chrome: use the install icon in the address bar, or the menu under Cast, save and share.
Edge: open the menu, then More tools, Apps and Install this site as an app.
Safari on Mac: choose Share or File, then Add to Dock. Firefox on Windows: look for the web apps button in the address bar.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Keep up with your conversations
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
As you have already worked that out I assume you no longer use any free services that have limits or pay options? Maybe, some don't mind, as for me I'm happy to thrown money down the drain to pay for what I feel are decent software's, of course I may change my mind & move on but that surely is capitalism? So soon I imagine 'your list' will be ineffective?
I do use free services. And pretty much all free services I use are more than enough for my needs. Why should I pay for something if I wouldn't use the service to it's full potential?
And guess what... all the free services I use have exact same set of features and none got taken away at any moment. Companies that provide these services can count on me subscribing to their product if I'll ever need additional set of features.
No. The point is to entice free users to migrate to the pay versions because they like the product. Every single time, with every company, that's always the plan. Why would a company always offer an indefinite free version? That makes no sense. The first taste is always free, then you gotta pay.
You're confusing term free trial with free plan. Free trial is what you describe; limited time offer after which you're expected to pay for service or stop using it. Free plan, on the other hand, doesn't have a time limit and while you're expected to upgrade, you don't have to and can continue to use free plan as much as you want to.
It's for people that don't need much or additional feature of the service.