Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Jan 8, 2011
The 8-day Data Detox

In just half an hour or less per day, you'll be well on your way to a healthier and more in-control digital self. What are you waiting for?

Day 0 - Why detox?
Day 1 - Discovery (Who are you online, to others?)
Day 2 - Everything in one place (How well does Google know you?)
Day 3 - Being Social (Detoxing your social media accounts)
Day 4 - Searching & Surfing (What are you sharing through your browser?)
Day 5 - Connecting (Who is your mobile phone talking to?)
Day 6 - Cleaning Up (Time for an App Cleanse)
Day 7 - Who do they think you are? (Why profiling is not just about ads)
Day 8 - Creating a new you (Turn your detox into a lifestyle)

Continue to The Data Detox Kit: An 8 Day Data Detox

LOL... that's so misleading. Doing all those steps is actually only a minor (and meaningless) "data detox" in the grand scheme of how one's data is out there. It is like installing a browser privacy extension and thinking it makes your activities private.

Reactions: oldschool

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
In just half an hour or less per day, you'll be well on your way to a healthier and more in-control digital self.

With that line i thought we were talking about physically walking away from our digital selves for a half hour a day. Hell, i'll do it all day, everyday if i could. Either way as @Lockdown mentioned, its meaningless.

Reactions: oldschool

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
This is not intended for the paranoid, tin-foil hat wearers who shy away from typing Google into their Russian web browsers, behind an USA-based VPN.

Haha :ROFLMAO:, that's a good one.

oldschool

Level 64
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
They are good tips to reduce exposure, and to learn from your past mistakes. This is not intended for the paranoid, tin-foil hat wearers who shy away from typing Google into their Russian web browsers, behind an USA-based VPN.

I haven’t even read the article & I’m rolling on the floor! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.