Advice Request Data Detox - Have you?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The 8-day Data Detox

In just half an hour or less per day, you'll be well on your way to a healthier and more in-control digital self. What are you waiting for?

Day 0 - Why detox?
Day 1 - Discovery (Who are you online, to others?)
Day 2 - Everything in one place (How well does Google know you?)
Day 3 - Being Social (Detoxing your social media accounts)
Day 4 - Searching & Surfing (What are you sharing through your browser?)
Day 5 - Connecting (Who is your mobile phone talking to?)
Day 6 - Cleaning Up (Time for an App Cleanse)
Day 7 - Who do they think you are? (Why profiling is not just about ads)
Day 8 - Creating a new you (Turn your detox into a lifestyle)

Continue to The Data Detox Kit: An 8 Day Data Detox

LOL... that's so misleading. Doing all those steps is actually only a minor (and meaningless) "data detox" in the grand scheme of how one's data is out there. It is like installing a browser privacy extension and thinking it makes your activities private.

Reactions: oldschool

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
In just half an hour or less per day, you'll be well on your way to a healthier and more in-control digital self.

With that line i thought we were talking about physically walking away from our digital selves for a half hour a day. Hell, i'll do it all day, everyday if i could. Either way as @Lockdown mentioned, its meaningless.

Reactions: oldschool

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
They are good tips to reduce exposure, and to learn from your past mistakes. This is not intended for the paranoid, tin-foil hat wearers who shy away from typing Google into their Russian web browsers, behind an USA-based VPN.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
This is not intended for the paranoid, tin-foil hat wearers who shy away from typing Google into their Russian web browsers, behind an USA-based VPN.

Haha :ROFLMAO:, that's a good one.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
They are good tips to reduce exposure, and to learn from your past mistakes. This is not intended for the paranoid, tin-foil hat wearers who shy away from typing Google into their Russian web browsers, behind an USA-based VPN.

I haven’t even read the article & I’m rolling on the floor! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.