Daum Potplayer multimedia player - some useful settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrecMadak

Level 1
Sep 5, 2014
Actually it is. This guide takes into consideration what type of video card you are using. You will notice stark differences on the highest settings, but will also see performance drops if your hardware isn't up to it.

MPDN saves me lots of time by allowing me to just going to a custom user script that does it all more efficiently.
So the reason you prefer using it over pot in terms of customizations? Can you give few simple examples ?

Tiny

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 29, 2016
So the reason you prefer using it over pot in terms of customizations? Can you give few simple examples ?
When I set up Pot with Madshi as renderer I have to do all the usual little tweaks. On MPDN, once I upgrade LAV filters, all i do is just go straight to a custom render script specifically made for my video card that suits me perfectly.

This is my personal preference though. So as not to highjack the thread, you can pm if you have MPDN related questions.

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Here's mine settings, what i used many years, still going STRONg!
video preferences :
video renderer = evr custom preset
vmr9/evr scaler = dxva-hd video processor
direct3d presentation = direct3d 9ex copy mode present

audio preferences :
audio renderer = default directsound device
speakers = dolby prologic II , bits = 24 bits
resample = same as input
normalize to matrix
expand stereo to center
expand stereo surround

playback preferences :
default window size : fullscreen stretch
default window aspect ratio : do not use
process priority : high

install lav filters.
in filter control preferences :
go to filter control -> source/splitter and click filter management on right side bottom.
click scan. then it present all filters available in pc. select lav video decoder, lav audio decoder and
lav splitter source if they are not selected.
and then change the following
filter control preferences :
source / splitter : chose lav splitter for all video formats on right side except for real file format.
video decoder : chose lav video decoder for all video formats on right side except h265.
audio decoder : chose lav audio decoder for all file formats on right side.

go back to filter control -> video decoder again and click Built-in codec /dxva settings
check use dxva on right side.
on bottom for dxva 2 copy-back option chose dx9 auto

you are done with settings. restart player.
optionally you can change bright, contrast , color , sharpness and audio equalizers to your prefered tastes in player or when running a video.
you can save all these settings by clicking "export current presets" option on bottom of preferences. it saves settings in a registry file which you can use to restore when you messed up settings or re-installed windows, pot player and lav filters.

if you use these settings perfectly , you never go for any other player believe me.
pot link:
Global Potplayer
lav filters link:
Releases · Nevcairiel/LAVFilters · GitHub

C'mon lazy ass @public enemy Number 1!

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Actually it is. This guide takes into consideration what type of video card you are using. You will notice stark differences on the highest settings, but will also see performance drops if your hardware isn't up to it.

MPDN saves me lots of time by allowing me to just going to a custom user script that does it all more efficiently.
Highly disagree. Only reason i can think of is that you watch things that need upscaling that mess the quality and you need filters to try and make it look good. If the file is the resolution it needs to be it doesn't need anything to look good.

sujal_058

Dec 25, 2018
Hi, looks like I already have k=lite codec pack installed.I thought that it wouldn't be a problem but then I saw that madvr was under the start menu folder for k-lite codec pack. What should I do?

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.