Davhag's Config - Safe or Sorry

davhag49

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 1, 2013
I have so much on my computer, but it seems extra scanners will find things that others leave behind. I think I have overkill at times, but as my title says. Not sure If I am safe or will be sorry.

Reactions: silversurfer

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
What was your last known malware infection ?
I suggest you to uninstall Advanced System Care, as you already have Glary's Utilities, you don't need two "TuneUp" softwares and at least with Glary you have to know what you're doing in order to use it. ASC is just a "shitware" if you ask me.
Also, you should get a back-up and recovery software solution just in case, you never know what can happen to your system.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I suggest you to uninstall Advanced System Care, as you already have Glary's Utilities, you don't need two "TuneUp" softwares and at least with Glary you have to know what you're doing in order to use it. ASC is just a "shitware" if you ask me.
Also, you should get a back-up and recovery software solution just in case, you never know what can happen to your system.
You should be a little less vulgar if you ask me. New users could get a bad image of this forum, in my opinion, you're a little rude.

Reactions: Striker

davhag49

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 1, 2013
If u want, u can try "bluehell firewall" instead of "adblock plus" its use less resources.
I have tried that, but I think I had it with adblock plus. Need to do an overhaul on my Firefox.
Thanks for your advise.

Reactions: Striker

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Add Extension Web of Trust (WOT) or Traffic Light and use a backup program!
On-demand Scanners: you can also use Hitman Pro or Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Reactions: Kent and davhag49

davhag49

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 1, 2013

I think there is one on SOS or is there a good free one to try before I buy that is not limited. Looking for one that is not too complicated. As for Advance I have often thought about pulling it off and putting my Tuneup 2012 back on or check out the new AVG when it comes out.

davhag49

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 1, 2013
You should be a little less vulgar if you ask me. New users could get a bad image of this forum, in my opinion, you're a little rude.
It's all good gentlemen, nothing can offend me. I have three daughters with three son-in-laws that has came to heads a few times. I think I have been called just about everything once in my life by someone. lol...

davhag49

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 1, 2013
Add Extension Web of Trust (WOT) or Traffic Light and use a backup program!
On-demand Scanners: you can also use Hitman Pro or Emsisoft Emergency Kit
I have EEK I use sometiomes, great software, I love it. Actually I think it was the one that found the actual malware which was just a bad download. I have tried Hitman in a free version sorta. Not bad, just was not sure about it. I will check into WOT and traffic light though.

Reactions: silversurfer

davhag49

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 1, 2013
ccleaner+ ccenhancer and privazer for deep cleaning is the way to go :)
I tried the ccenhancer a few times but probably need to do more test with it. It deleted some things I wanted to keep. I think I also used privazer before but forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
I have EEK I use sometiomes, great software, I love it. Actually I think it was the one that found the actual malware which was just a bad download. I have tried Hitman in a free version sorta. Not bad, just was not sure about it. I will check into WOT and traffic light though.
If u want a nice on demand scanner try http://www.herdprotect.com Its complelty free. but duo to the fact it has that much engines u need to know wich detections are false positive u would get some im sure.

Reactions: davhag49

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.